• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Thunder mod kit for my 18:1

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
      Ha!

Man I’ve tried everything. Hens only, strutter, breeder, jake....I’ve had 8 gobblers within 50 yards and the only one to commit was Popo’s

Like always, it’s just a numbers game. Keep puttin time in the woods and their attitude will change.
      That's crazy. Do you have any pics on cams of them breeding? Maybe it's simply too early stil if they are still on flocks all day

Comment

Ha!

Man I’ve tried everything. Hens only, strutter, breeder, jake....I’ve had 8 gobblers within 50 yards and the only one to commit was Popo’s

Like always, it’s just a numbers game. Keep puttin time in the woods and their attitude will change.

Where is JMalin to enlighten us all when you need him?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Where is JMalin to enlighten us all when you need him?
          Oh....he’s here
          Well, wait. He may be over on OG telling them how to do it

Comment

Prolly wasn’t goin to make the trip but still....I wonder what other states will follow

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
              That's crazy. Do you have any pics on cams of them breeding? Maybe it's simply too early stil if they are still on flocks all day

I had a trail cam pic from early March and have witnessed a few while I was hunting...I’ve consistently seen them breed here as early as Valentines

With that said, I still think they are a couple of weeks behind the last few years

Comment

Gonna try to head to a place real close to the house in the morning. A couple decent birds been coming through pretty regular. Only going to use my hen this time. I used a tom with the hen last time and they didnt like it.

Comment

I had a trail cam pic from early March and have witnessed a few while I was hunting...I’ve consistently seen them breed here as early as Valentines

With that said, I still think they are a couple of weeks behind the last few years
                  Gotcha. It seems like it starts very early down south. Way earlier than up here further north. Wow- so NE is closed to nr. They aren't messing around. I may need to come up with a new NE drivers license
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well, I don't think a Hawaii drivers license will you do much good....

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      Well, I don't think a Hawaii drivers license will you do much good....
                      I was going to use your mad fake ID skillz to make it look like a resident Nebraska DL. Must I always spell it out for you Mr Fro?

Comment

Well, this Coronavirus has ended my chances at a Rio this year, company trip cancelled. Was really hoping to get a crack at one this year. Impatiently waiting for our Eastern season to open, I’m more than ready. Hopefully, the delay down south will do the same for us. Maybe we will bit them hot, and get a couple of good hunts in. Going to try hard to get my son a bird, he’s got the itch. Pulled out my DSD’s last weekend to make sure they are all looking good.
                        Good luck to everyone in the meantime, and be safe.

Comment

^^^^^I’m gonna hit RR county as well!!

Comment

Man that sux AggieB. Really hating this late eastern opener. Have u been up to RR Co lately? Everything leafed out in fannin. Heard a few jakes gobbling last week and a pair of hens been running around our place. Are you going to get some no trespassing signs/purple paint up so no one drives up on you working a bird again?

Comment

Birds became a little more vocal after the cool front came through. My youngest daughter got her first bird. She was really pumped! Then I was able to take a good one yesterday morning. Battled with a hen all morning but she finally led him to me.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	AB16F9F7-FDAD-40F9-9E95-1689DF5C0754.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	24613119

Name:	9EB2041D-F52A-4974-98C9-DBBC4C2AFD81.jpeg
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	24613120

Name:	C38AB559-323E-4977-BD85-B471082CB733.jpeg
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	24613121

Comment

Shane, give me a holler when you go up. We can have a beer, while social distancing. lol

243, we ran up two weeks ago. Didn’t hear or see a single bird, but the weather wasn’t the greatest. Have some it toms on camera, mainly in my food plots. Hoping they are late this year, and we can catch them right. Very few birds have been taken over the last several years, we have some studs! Turns out it was one of our leasors. we put in a new rule that you must check into camp if you are turkey hunting. He drove in and started hunting, not knowing (or caring) if anyone else was out there. Going to have a little chat with him, if my uncle had moved on the bird, it could have turned out bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X