Would you sell or trade....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you sell or trade....

A Remington 522 Viper? I've had it for a while and never shoot it anymore. I've been thinking about trading it off for another .22 or something but I know they don't make those particular rifles anymore. Should I hang on to it and maybe it'll be worth keeping someday or just go ahead and trade it off or sell it?

It won't have any inherent long term value I can see...it's a $100 gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Agreed

Comment

I agree but I also thought a Remington nylon 66 would never be worth more than $50
        Last edited by twosixteens; 07-13-2019, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I figured the same thing. The steel magazines I have for it are probably worth more than the rifle itself. Which I guess I could sell parts off of that rifle as far as that goes. I don't know what would be the best way to go about it.

Comment

If you'll get a .22 that you will end up using, might as well sell it. It'll sit for a long time before it ever gains value, if it ever does.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
              I agree but I also thought a Remington nylon 66 would never be worth more than $50
              true...but you got to take into account the 66 was very well made & not marketed as low level entry gun & it was almost jam proof, plus they made chingos of them because they sold very well. Hell, they probably discontinued when the tooling wore out. The mohawk brown is still relatively affordable but lookout if you can find the seneca green!! The Chrome Apache is kinda in the middle. Dad has a real clean one.

This 522 was marketed as an entry & probably scrapped due to poor sales...this is really the difference & why I don't see it reaching the same status. I looked on GB & a bunch didn't even bring 1 Bone.

Comment

On the RimfireCentral Forum, it is agreed that this is the worst of the Remington .22 rifles ever produced.

Comment

Nowadays if all I can get for a gun is $100 I'll just keep it and abuse the heck out of it.

Comment

I can't disagree about it not being a very good rifle. The accuracy is ok. I got it from a buddy that was gonna throw it in the trash. Fixed it and it's ran alright ever since. I figure if I trade it in for a different rifle or get cash for it I'm ahead either way. It didn't costs me nothin except a little time fixing it up.

My biggest complaint about it is the trigger. If I traded it for the same rifle and the one I traded it for had a better trigger I'd still be ahead. It's not very often that no matter what I do things can only get better.
                    Last edited by okrattler; 07-13-2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Heck, shoot the crud out of it and fix it when it breaks. Use RFC to help with repairs, and if it gets unfixable, part what's left out. You don't have much in it.
                      A friend of mine bought one, and I read up on RFC to see what it would need. You can do a little work on it to help reliability.

Comment

Working...
                      X