Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Pool table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool table

Thinking about buying one. I have plenty of space in my garage so a nice 8 footer would work. Here is my question.

New or used? Obviously new is gonna have all the bells n whistles (new, warranty, setup, etc).

What about used? There are plenty of pool table movers so I don’t think that is an issue. Just would like some perspective from those who own them and what to expect. Thx.

I have one in my office I will make you a hell of a deal. Right now I have a couple of deer mounts and some fishing baits sitting on the table. PM me and I will send pics.

Comment

Houston 610 and Clinton Dr.

Comment

Pm sent
        Last edited by Blitz; 04-07-2020, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Used if in good shape, I bought mine used 10 years ago and no issues. The main thing is get one with a good slate, mine is 1.5" thick and a heavy sucker. I paid to have it moved and set up.

Comment

Used can be great . get a professional mover and have felt and banks redone while it's disassembled any way.

Comment

I looked at a few used ones, but didn't want to hassle with having it moved and not knowing if there are any underlying issues. I ended up buying a new Olhausen 8x4 from a local billiards supply store. They delivered and set it up in the game room. They have reasonable service fees as well.

Comment

Blitz call me 281 808 3810 Pool Table

Comment

Hire a professional to move it. Do not ask 6-8 of your friends to help. You'll never see them again if you do, for fear you'll put them through hell again. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    Hire a professional to move it. Do not ask 6-8 of your friends to help. You'll never see them again if you do, for fear you'll put them through hell again. Lol.
                    Oh believe me. I know. My family of 5 moved my gun safe upstairs when we purchased. Never again. Let the professionals do their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                      Oh believe me. I know. My family of 5 moved my gun safe upstairs when we purchased. Never again. Let the professionals do their job.
                      Yep disassembled and re assembled professionally. Banks will almost certainly need to redone if it has been sitting very long

Comment

I looked for weeks on here, Craigslist, and Facebook Marketplace before I found the deal I wanted. IMO, used is the only way to go. I had a professional service come out to set it up, level, and refelt it.

Comment

We got a great deal on a cool table right here on TBH.

I paid a guy to pick it up, deliver and reassemble.

Saved a few thousand bucks.

Comment

I think I would definitely go the used route. Find a company to move and install new felt and cushions. You will have a table that plays like new for much less.

Lots of pool tables out there that have become expensive shelves that people are happy to let go of cheap just to get out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Used can be great . get a professional mover and have felt and banks redone while it's disassembled any way.
                              ^^^^^This

Comment

Working...
                              X