Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is the positive in all this.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what is the positive in all this.....

I've spent more time with my family. Picked up my acoustic guitar ( i don't know how to play) and just ordered a CV Strat and amp. Did Yoga with the wife, cleaned the house, shot my new VXR 200 times. Also, my son is shooting his bow more than ever. Gone fishing a few times. My daughter is home from Texas State. Netflix up the hoo haw!!

You guys doing anything somewhat out of the norm?

safe hunting..

No pro sports on tv. And yes getting in a lot of fishing.

Comment

I’ve cooked on my Kamado nearly every day this week, pulled some weeds in the yard, but I’m still pressing to meet sales quotas on in 2 full time jobs, so I’m still working the same hours, maybe more.

But finally got a reel for the fly rod I’ve had for 3 years.... so maybe I’ll actually learn to fish with it ����*♂️

Comment

Now ya know why retired people go back to work.

Enjoy the family time. If this is ever over, you may not get another chance for a long time to enjoy the opportunity for quality family time like now.

Me? I'm single. And can't visit with any of my family. Or what's left of it, due this virus. All I can do is go to work. And try to stay away from everybody I can when not at work.

Comment

I’ve been buying some highly discounted stocks here lately and will continue the next couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely getting those home/garage organized where I’d normally be out fishing. Finally have time to tie flies with my son. It was amazing getting the gear out, tying a few basic flies to show him the fundamentals and have him go all in. The next day he brought me a couple YouTube videos basically backing up what I’d taught him. So, I can fool a 10 year old with my flies and possibly a fish.
            Not minding unpacking and organizing from moving over a year ago. Making a lot of new wild game recipes and pushing ourselves to cook some amazing new things. Eating better and not being in such a rush to be somewhere along with no pressure to be anywhere.
            Last edited by Txtourist; 04-04-2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
              No pro sports on tv. And yes getting in a lot of fishing.
              Yup. Sounds about right.

Comment

So this is one aspect of this whole mess that I haven’t heard anyone talking about. I think there will be a big psychological effect when the is all over. It really makes you realize how much you put off or put on the back burner for your job. We have spent a lot of time on the lake fishing and just being together at the house. No sports occupying all of our time on weekends. It’s made me think about how much I work and never disconnect and how much I miss certain aspects of my life that I’m constantly putting on the back burner.

My fear is a lot of people will not go back to work if the govt doesn’t get the parameters of the stimulus right. I think there will be those who also may decide to change career paths.

Time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Finally sat down and read "Empire of the Summer Moon" and liked it so much, I've picked reading back up again.

Comment

The world has advanced many years from this. We will never be the same and the businesses that survive with be way stronger. People are being innovative and adapting!!

Comment

Honestly......this thing was happening 3-4 weeks before I knew it.
                      I do not watch TV and have one old neighbor I talk to about once a week.
                      When I retired I took it seriously.
                      My wife sells shoes on an eBay store and I help her when I can .( when she’ll let me)
                      Otherwise, God is good and life is what you make it.

Comment

I’m still working 40 plus hours a week. Spent more time with my 8 year old than I have I. A while.

Comment

Working a lot.

Comment

[quote=OldRiverRat;14794767]So this is one aspect of this whole mess that I haven’t heard anyone talking about. I think there will be a big psychological effect when the is all over. It really makes you realize how much you put off or put on the back burner for your job. We have spent a lot of time on the lake fishing and just being together at the house. No sports occupying all of our time on weekends. It’s made me think about how much I work and never disconnect and how much I miss certain aspects of my life that I’m constantly putting on the back burner.

My fear is a lot of people will not go back to work if the govt doesn’t get the parameters of the stimulus right. I think there will be those who also may decide to change career paths.

Not confident my business is even going to survive at this point, but I need to shut it off and do my part to make sure my kids and I maximize our time together and we have a positive experience coming away from these challenges.
                            Fail forward and remember many successful business come from hard times and even complete failures.
                            Another interesting psychological aspect for our family is that we weren’t able to be tested, but did a remote Dr. a couple weeks back and high likely hood we had the virus. Two crummy rough weeks and a few more lethargic days waiting for time to pass to be sure we’re not contagious. Now there’s no more fear anyways. Still playing it very safe, but man I see the fear in people’s faces. Grateful for friends who brought groceries and support. It will be our turn to help out soon enough.

Comment

My handicap has dropped from 5 to 4.6 and my 12 year old still beats me from the men’s tees. Freezer is about to be filled with some of the many axis that gather along my back fence. Groceries are dwindling and being refilled over and over and over. Netflix don’t have enough movies. Ozark season 3 is completed. We’ve played Uno 2,000 times. We’ve played Ginga too many times. We’ve completed 9 puzzles. We’ve made slime and bath balms. I’ve cooked bacon and eggs every morning for the last two weeks. I picked a heck of a time to stop eating bread and sugars, but I’ve lost probably 10 lbs and a few inches in the waist. Momma is tired of me chasing her around the room at night, I think I played that one out. Cleaned the garage, twice. Mowed and weed whacked every three days. I’m ready to sit down at a restaurant to eat a meal and I need a **** haircut.
                              Last edited by RLB; 04-04-2020, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X