Diesel start up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel start up?

I have a Kubota Diesel RTV - when it is cold it takes 20-30 seconds of cranking it before it will kick off. Is there any product made to add to the diesel that will help this? I use some stuff the help stop gelling and moisture - anything else help the start up?

You probably have an air leak in the fuel system. I use BG DFC Plus additive.

Comment

Do you mean when the weather is cold or do you mean when it hasn't run in a while? Glow plug or grid heater malfunction ?

Comment

How old is it? They do have glow plugs to assist with starting.

Comment

if you mean cold weather, those kubotas have a preheat or "glowplugs" that need to be warmed first maybe you are not letting them warm or maybe they are failing

Comment

Cycle the glow plugs

Comment

Barely turn the key to the right and you will see a orange light glow on the dash. This cycles the glow plugs. Wait 15 seconds or so and then turn over and it will start.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                Barely turn the key to the right and you will see a orange light glow on the dash. This cycles the glow plugs. Wait 15 seconds or so and then turn over and it will start.

This. Most places don’t tell you that when you buy them for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Dushon;14704856]This. Most places don’t tell you that when you buy them for some reason

That may be it - did not realize these had glow plugs Thanks I will check it out

Comment

[quote=Huntingfool;14704928]
                    Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                    This. Most places don’t tell you that when you buy them for some reason

That may be it - did not realize these had glow plugs Thanks I will check it out
                    Should work like a champ now!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X