Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell on Wheels - AWESOME overlooked Netflix series

Anybody watched it?

The name is mis-leading which is why I think it gets overlooked.

It is set in the Old West, and it follows characters involved in the development of the transcontinental rail road.

The plot lines and characters are colorful and multi-layered. Gunfighters, indians, immigrant workers, madams, and Rail road power brokers are all showcased. The cinematography, scenery and acting is excellent as well.

It's one of my favorite all time series. The quality is "Game of Thrones" good in my opinion!

Oh great series. Watched it when it was regular TV. If you have not watched Justified check it out also.

Comment

Yes good show watched the series while back

Comment

Watched it a couple years ago. Great series !!!

Comment

Is that the one, where most of the men in the town were killed, in a mine and the town was mostly occupied by women? We watched a series a couple years ago.

Comment

Yup it was good !

Comment

I watched so long ago I’ve forgotten most of it except the Swede was hard to kill. The last season it seemed they had run out of ideas though.

Comment

It was on AMC several years ago..I have seen every episode.
                Didn't like the ending........ I think they ran out of.ideas.

Comment

Pretty show, I wish deadwood was still being made also

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    Is that the one, where most of the men in the town were killed, in a mine and the town was mostly occupied by women? We watched a series a couple years ago.
                    No that was godless

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                      No

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                        Oh great series. Watched it when it was regular TV. If you have not watched Justified check it out also.
                        Watched both of them, Justified is on Prime. I also liked longmire

Comment

I loved that show. Hope it adds some more. Watched every episode "I think" and that comes from a cranky old man who watches very little tv. Kind of a clean yet rough western similar to (I know this comparison will rouse someone) Sons of Anarchy which I also liked but got a little too... rough so wife turned that one off.

Comment

Originally posted by Clintk View Post
                            No that was godless
                            Yea, that's it. I know we have started watching Hell on Wheels, sounded like a good show, but after watching Godless, I thought it started looking like that show, or I thought the previews looked similar. Godless is a lezbo western, not bad, but I caught on to that early on in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                              Watched both of them, Justified is on Prime. I also liked longmire

Wife loves Longmire. She always comes up with something to help me see why I am "not" perfect in every way as the old country song says. Thankfully she does not cross match personalities as I would be in deep train tracks.

Comment

Working...
                              X