Warning - Circumventing the swear filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning - Circumventing the swear filter

We have noticed quite a few people are circumventing the swear filter by putting spaces, or symbols, in the bad word. We have noticed several people doing the same for political words that have been blocked. If you attempt to post, and a word in your post shows up as *****, DO NOT add spaces or symbols so that the word will show in your post. By doing this, you are circumventing the swear filter. Also, you can tell your story and get your post across without cussing.

We will be cracking down on all future attempts to circumvent the swear filter. These attempts may very well result in infractions and/or being banned from posting on www.texasbowhunter.com.

If you see a post in which someone has attempted to circumvent the swear filter, please report that post.

Thanks for your cooperation,
    Keith

Thank you Keith for banning that feller!

Comment

Thanks Keith, both of our boys ages 15 and 10 are on TexasBowhunter daily. It is good to know threads are monitored for these types of things.

Comment

Thanks for keeping it CLEAN!

Comment

10-4 boss! I have been guilty once or twice for it!! Ill watch it from now on!!

Comment

There seem to be some user names that have circumvented the filter also!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              There seem to be some user names that have circumvented the filter also!
              LOL True that

Comment

Originally posted by Coonass View Post
                Thanks Keith, both of our boys ages 15 and 10 are on TexasBowhunter daily. It is good to know threads are monitored for these types of things.
                your boys are on here but yet your name is a cuss word? interesting

Comment

Originally posted by dfwhogkiller View Post
                  your boys are on here but yet your name is a cuss word? interesting
                  i dont think that apply's to his name. that word is used to somewhat describe someone's background and not used as a cuss word.

Comment

Thank you. Keep up the good work.

Comment

glad to see people are paying attention

Comment

ugh,

man im guilty of this, but i see now it will stop.
                        Sorry fellas....

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow View Post
                          i dont think that apply's to his name. that word is used to somewhat describe someone's background and not used as a cuss word.
                          I know what you're saying and the name doesn't bother ME at all, but TECHNICALLY the guy is right- regardless of how it's used, the word following "coon" IS a cuss word. It's a word that a lot of people would not like to hear coming out of their kids' mouths; and since there are other descriptive terms that mean, essentially, the same thing it does seem a little ironic that it would be allowed and that the person using it would be concerned about the use of cusswords. Like I said, I couldn't care less (in fact I don't, personally see the big deal about some cuss words being used, but that's another debate) but since the powers that be are taking a hard-line approach to cussing, I think the original post about the irony was pretty well on the mark.

Comment

If you take the time to explain the word then it shouldn't be a problem. That name isn't considered a cuss word.

Comment

Im with you Horitexan, I would whip my child for saying it!!!!! There for it seems to be inappropriate....I also on the other hand see that it is a figure of speach.

Comment

Working...
                              X