LEO Question/Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEO Question/Rant

I was just pulled over and ticketed for ONE MPH OVER THE LIMIT. Maybe its just me but that is crap.

well here is what happened. I amdriving down I20 toward Monroe louisianna. I have my cruise set on 70 according to my speedometer. I see a car on the right shoulder so I put my left blinker on and change lanes to the left. As soon as I pass the car he flips on his lights and comes after me. I pull over knowing I wasn't doing anything wrong. I pull over and turn my dome light on so he can see me. I have my hands on the steering wheel when he gets to my window and I then roll my window down. I was completely nice and honest with him with all his questions and request. he takes my lisence and ins. back to his car I figure he was just doing the standard checks. Well I was wrong he came back to my window about ten minutes later with a ticket book. he hands me the booklet and a pen and says sign here. I sain sir what did I do wrong. His reply was " you thought you could come into my state and speed." I then asked him how fast I was going and he said its all on the ticket now quit speeding in my state. the ticket says 71 mph in a 70 mph zone.

Is it just me or do yall think this is complete BS too?

LEO question

Is this even legal?

It's legal....and happens to quite a bit of folks with out of state plates in Louisiana. Happened to me in Kinder. Guy was a total jerk and I told him so. He threatened to arrest me and I told him to go ahead....that my police union had great civil attorneys.

Comment

does your ticket indicate how your speed was figured. pacing or radar? neither one are exact to one mile an hour.

Comment

well Chew can you tell me if I can get out of it? I was in my personal truck but I have a class A cdl. I can't afford to get points on my license.

Comment

You were in la. They gotta try to fix the roads somehow

Comment

man, that's a rough one. Kinda crazy if you ask me...

Comment

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
              does your ticket indicate how your speed was figured. pacing or radar? neither one are exact to one mile an hour.
              he was stopped on the shoulder when I passed him so he would have had to radar me to get my speed.

Comment

Back in my oilfield days I was headed out of Louisiana on I-10 near Lake Charles. Got a ticket for 4 miles over the limit. The officer took my drivers license and gave me a receipt. He said when I paid the ticket they would return my license. Four days later I'm traveling from Cameron LA headed to the docks in Intercoastal City to go offshore at 0430 in the morning. I get lit up and pulled over. When the deputy sheriff asked for my license I told him "I don't have a license". His eyes lit up, then I explained that one of his buddies had taken it away a few days before and gave him my receipt. He handed me another "award" for going 3 miles over the limit.

Try this.

FREE Consultation. Since 1991, over 12,500 clients have hired me to represent them in their Louisiana traffic and speeding ticket cases. No points, No record & No court appearance. I help them avoid auto insurance premium increases, missed work, and travel expenses since they don't have to go to court themselves.
                Last edited by Froggy; 01-13-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Get your speedo checked plea it down to mechanical error.

Comment

State Trooper or local doing revenue work?

that stretch of highway has had a reputation for years for giving stupid tickets.

They know that out-of-staters are gonna pay and just never come back to fight it.

Funny that someone else knows about the license seizure that they used to do.

They would staple your license to the ticket so they wouldn't get separated down at the courthouse.

For a few years in college, if you held my license up to a light it looked like a summer night sky!

Comment

That's just stupid, plain n simple

Comment

Hawgman 1 that's just the thing I got brand new tires at discount tire a week ago and they calibrated my speedometer for me. if they did it right I don't know.

Comment

It'll get tossed out in court. There are too many variables. Radar calibration, speedometer calibration, etc. Nothing involved in the whole situation can prove down to +/-1mph EXACTLY how fast you were going.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
                            It'll get tossed out in court. There are too many variables. Radar calibration, speedometer calibration, etc. Nothing involved in the whole situation can prove down to +/-1mph EXACTLY how fast you were going.
                            While you may be technically correct, what do technicalities have to do with Louisiana?

Comment

Don't feel to bad. Years ago when the speed limit was 55, I was ticketed for 56. About 3 years ago I was pulled over for speeding in Crane County. Tropper said I was going 66 in a 65, verbal warning. In Crockett County,2 years ago, outside Ozona, I was pulled over for going 81 in a 80 mph speed zone. He gave me a written warning. All the above were by Texas Troopers. Legal yes sir, BS yes sir again.

Comment

Working...
                              X