One ugly buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One ugly buck

School and golf kept me from hunting a lot this season. I had not shot my bow a lot and have pretty much out grown it. My dad and I went to Junction on a couple of hunts at the Walter Buck wma in December. The hunts were only for spikes and does and exotics. As my luck would be I had a big 10 point with in easy shooting distance on the first hunt. I ended up shooting a good sika spike. The next weekend we were back and I again saw a good buck but could not shoot him. This week, I shot a big fallow doe. The next week, I finally got a chance to hunt and shoot a buck. We were near Ozona and my dad was taking Mark, who has never hunted on his first hunt. I didnt see anything the first day, but Sunday, I saw a real good 8 point in the morning hunt. I didnt get a shot at him that morning but thought he would be back. That afternoon I asked Mark if he wanted to go to my blind and try to shoot that buck. My dad and Mark ended up hunting there and Mark shot a doe. I didnt see anything that afternoon. We got back to Austin and my dad went out and picked up his camera from where he got to bow hunt. Looking at the pictures, we saw a huge freak buck. I wanted to shoot that buck. I asked my dad and he said that if I hunted this buck, they only allow bows. I practiced for two days with my bow even though it is too small. I could hit perfect from 25 yards every shot. My dad and I drove to the ranch and he drove me to the stand. I climbed up in the tree and he fed the area.
    I had been sitting and getting stiff and decided to stand up and stretch and practice a draw on my bow. I stood up and clipped on to the string. When I clipped on, I head some steps. I looked out the shooting hole and there he was! He was looking right my way. The wind was blowing kind of to him so I decided not to waste any time. I drew and he put his head down to eat. I shot and when I shot he spun to the left. I saw my arrow as he ran off all the way through him. I texted my dad that I got him.
    I heard my dad drive up and he came over. I was already looking for blood. We found my arrow down the trail where he ran. My dad didnt think I killed him. After looking for a little while, my dad said there he is! He was trying to get up, so I drew and shot my arrow again. It went right through him and my dad said you got him. He died quick and we looked at him. He was way bigger than we thought he was. He broke off both antlers. I was hoping we could find them, but it looks like they broke off a long time ago. We took some pictures and loaded him up. He is my favorite buck that I have ever killed.

freaky lookin' deer! congrats

Comment

Oh my! That's one hell of a buck. Where'd you get him the first time?
      Congrats!

Comment

That's Awesome...Congrats on a great buck!!!

Comment

That is the opposite of Ugly....
          Congrats

Comment

You may not realize it yet, but, that is a buck of a lifetime. You will probably never kill another freak as cool as that one.

Congrats,

Bisch

Comment

very nice

Comment

very nice buck congrats

Comment

doesnt look ugly too me, great job.

Comment

awesome buck Congrats

Comment

wow thats a cool buck

Comment

Awesome deer! Travis County?

Comment

sweet looking buck. Many hunt their lifetime and never get a deer as cool as that. Congrats.

Comment

I love a freak!!!

Comment

great buck. alot of character

Comment

Working...
                              X