Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeders

Finished a couple feeders for some buddies. The design really works. How many of y'all have something similar?

I have one real similar to the second picture - wish the platform was larger so I could the corn up there before I climb the ladder instead of going up and down 6 times

Comment

Normally we have someone handing bags up. It is brutal if you have to fill alone.

Comment

I love the first one! Our feeders have pads on the end of the legs to secure them down with rebar.

Comment

We don't even secure ours down. Nothing can get to them and wind has never blown them over.

Comment

Nice. Is that 1" tube x 1/8 thick?

Comment

The double is 1 1/2ga (main frame) and 1 1/4 11ga....single is 1 1/4 14ga

Comment

Here is one that I built a while back.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have one just like the first picture. But my barrels are a little more spread apart. . Love the set up
                  I might replace the barrels with the 85 gallon drums one year for more capacity.

Comment

Some i have done.
                    Attached Files

Comment

looking good

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERMILLER View Post
                        I have one just like the first picture. But my barrels are a little more spread apart. . Love the set up
                        I might replace the barrels with the 85 gallon drums one year for more capacity.

Same here....great design but that protein goes fast out of a 55 gallon drum.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Same here....great design but that protein goes fast out of a 55 gallon drum.
                          True dat. I also hate not cutting the square tubing on 45s or otherwise not boxing in. I always seem to get pizzed of mahogany wasps etc. coming at me if I don't close up the tubing!

Comment

Looking great

Comment

I've got two feeders just like that but instead of a protein feeder I double stacked barrels to put alfalfa bales in it works pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X