No announcement yet.

Houston K9 killed in the line of duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The handler is going to have very hard time dealing with this, I know from experience April, 16th 2000 will for ever be a date I will never forget. It is very hard to loose your partner and it will take some time for the handler to move past the loss....

Comment

I thought that police canines were in effect police officers and there for killing one is like killing a human officer so the penalty should be just as serious and swift

Comment

Stupid news report says dog got lose accidentally and make it sound like it was a attack on innocent people or something!

Comment

a police k9 should be considered as some type of an officer not property with a serial number. anyone who knows a k9 handler knows the bond they share not just as a dog and handler but as partners. a story like this is horrible

Comment

I hate thiefs and I really hate punk kid thiefs even more. Now they are punk kid thiefs who killed a mans dog. Reminds me of those punk kids who killed ol' Marcus Lutrells dog that was supposed to help him with ptsd. Hang em' high. Blakes got the right idear

Comment

POS should not be ever see the light of day again. A person that harms a child or a pet should have a special place in hail!!!! JMO

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                POS should not be ever see the light of day again. A person that harms a child or a pet should have a special place in hail!!!! JMO
                I rarely post and I'm not trying to start an arguement by my comments but the reaction here is disturbing in ways. I understand the anger over a service animal being killed and I understand the anger over thieves but I will never understand equating pets with children or animals with people. I hope the people, if guilty, are convicted but the law has it right. Sentimental feelings aside, animals are property. Killing an animal should never be a capital offense.

Comment

This just makes me fuming mad.......perp is a waste of oxygen thief in the 1st place, then he does this. Makes me yearn for the good 'ol days........he should be interrogated with the rubber hose 'o truth......

Stu

Comment

Get a rope......

Its things like this that makes me wonder if we'd be much better off with public caning for offenses like this instead of probation, community service, and jail time. It may seem harsh but I bet they'd never consider doing it again.

Comment

Originally posted by JT2 View Post
                      I rarely post and I'm not trying to start an arguement by my comments but the reaction here is disturbing in ways. I understand the anger over a service animal being killed and I understand the anger over thieves but I will never understand equating pets with children or animals with people. I hope the people, if guilty, are convicted but the law has it right. Sentimental feelings aside, animals are property. Killing an animal should never be a capital offense.

JT2 .... as you mentioned above, you just don't understand

these perps didn't kill someone's pet turtle, they killed (with intent) a K9 officer of the law.

this same K9 is trained to "protect and to serve" innocent ppl from thieves and criminals who have NO respect for you, me , or the law

prayers for the handler and RIP canine officer

Comment

Originally posted by Strong Slinger View Post
                        I thought that police canines were in effect police officers and there for killing one is like killing a human officer so the penalty should be just as serious and swift
                        I thought I heard that somewhere too.
                        I hope they make an example outta him!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                          these perps didn't kill someone's pet turtle, they killed (with intent) a K9 officer of the law.
                          Blake,

I appreciate the civil response since I know emotions run deep on subjects like this. I understand the difference between a pet turtle and trained service animal. For all it's training however, it is a dog, not a person. It is the property of the police department.

I agree that the penalty should be severe (fines, jail time) but I don't believe it should be a capital offense such as killing a police officer or another human being. To me, that devalues the life of an actual police officer. Just my two cents and I'll say no more on the subject.

Comment

Very sad indeed... prayers for all involved...

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              JT2 .... as you mentioned above, you just don't understand

this same K9 is trained to "protect and to serve" innocent ppl from thieves and criminals who have NO respect for you, me , or the law

prayers for the handler and RIP canine officer
                              Thanks Cajun well said these dogs are bred for one thing to protect people and the officers that work with them if u dont put them on a different level
                              than just a PET than I guess you have never had a working relationship with an animal.

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
                                "(5) a felony of the second degree if the person commits an offense under Subsection (b)(6) or (7) by:

(A) killing a police service animal or engaging in conduct likely to kill the animal;"

Felony 2 is not even close to what they should be charged with!!! This really ****** me off!!!

In Texas police canine's are considered "property" of the department, and you cannot use deadly force to protect "property"!! Let's just say I hope I'm never in a position to make that decision.
                                I am confused,isnt the Castle Doctrine all about protecting your "Property"? And I think killing a police dog should be treated like killing a police officer.

Comment

Working...
                                X