No announcement yet.

Divorce your wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did after 7 years of rough times. Money well spent after 20+ years with the #1 wife (not wife #1!)

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      While going through my divorce and a couple of years after I had so much anger and hate in my heart I was miserable. my ex and I didn't talk and there was absolutely zero communications with her Fiancee. Riley was miserable as well. The straw that broke me was at the CTYRA finals. Riley cleaned house and what should of been a happy moment for her turned into a stressful miserable one. She was so worry her mom and I were gonna fight. On the way home I kept thinking about how selfish we were being and how it was breaking our beautiful daughter. I broke down crying and me sobbing. I remember I cried out to God and said " God I have been a disappointment to you and Riley. I am not a big enough man to mend this bridge I need you to carry me through." After that prayer that was the first time I felt a since of peace. Next day I called her mom and we talked without yelling. I invited them to dinner and Later that week we all sat down and ate at Chilis. That was about 5-6 yrs ago. We are better friends today than we ever were married. We have dinner probably 2-3 times a week. We go fishing together go out to eat etc... Riley told me the other day while were planting out little garden " Dad so'so's mom and dad don't get along. He says I'm lucky that you and mom get along. Im glad we do things together and all hang out. It makes me happy" I cried
      Powerful stuff .

Good on ya man

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        I take you to be my wife to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy law, and this is my solemn vow.
        Yes sir! Told mine I made a vow before God and men. If she ever wants out I’ll hold her to those vows. I’ve been through everything with her except “till death do us part”. She’s well aware that’ll be the last vow I fulfill.
        Last edited by ON THE EDGE; 04-08-2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
          Sounds like some of you ole boys need to bite your old ladies ear. It’s a show of dominance. Works well on dogs and unruly wives.
          And all this time I thought it was foreplay!

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
            It is unfortunate you got flamed by 3 or 4 folks for this comment.
            I believe that the way we were designed was not 'subject to' the whims and changes of culture throughout the ages. I am a 'complimentarian' believing that men and women were uniquely designed by our Maker for particular purposes and roles. Neither is superior nor inferior. When both embrace their God-given roles in the context of a marriage, both parties benefit.
            All the way back to the Garden, when Eve chose to taste the forbidden fruit, Adam was standing right there - he did nothing to protect her, he did not remind her of the prohibition. He was passive.

I guess I am likewise a caveman, but I'm blessed to be in my 34th year of marriage to my cavewoman.
            “The man is the head of the family. But the woman, she is the neck!”

Comment

Tough subject for a lot of folks, for sure. I certainly understand getting out of untenable relationships and hold no judgement about people that find themselves in the "split" situation. Lord know I've seen it over the years with some pretty close friends.
              I guess seeing my older brother marry at 18 and divorce at 21, and my older sister marrying a total loser (#1 of 3) I decided in high school I wasn't going to do that. Through the grace of God I hit the jackpot and 36 years later I couldn't imagine being without her. Her parents are still around and have been married 70 years, my Dad passed January 2019 and they had been married 67 years so we come from good stock.
              Best to all who are in difficult or unhealthy relationships, and props to those who aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                It is unfortunate you got flamed by 3 or 4 folks for this comment.

I believe that the way we were designed was not 'subject to' the whims and changes of culture throughout the ages. I am a 'complimentarian' believing that men and women were uniquely designed by our Maker for particular purposes and roles. Neither is superior nor inferior. When both embrace their God-given roles in the context of a marriage, both parties benefit.

All the way back to the Garden, when Eve chose to taste the forbidden fruit, Adam was standing right there - he did nothing to protect her, he did not remind her of the prohibition. He was passive.

I guess I am likewise a caveman, but I'm blessed to be in my 34th year of marriage to my cavewoman.

Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Some really, ummmm, "interesting" view points on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                    I gotta wonder how many of the halo wearing water walkers around here would have the nads to tell their wives about how they should be subservient and "find their identity behind their husbands" to their faces. lol

Many couches would be slept upon that night....

So because someone believes in the Bible and follows it they are the idiots. Got it....[emoji57]

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                      His response wasn't all that snarky. I'm glad you're happy, but plenty of other people have happy marriages and don't believe the exact same things you do. Different strokes for different folks.

Maybe not, but there was no value in a ******** response like he posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                        Been with my wife for 10 years, happily married for 5 of them. So yeah, I've found a pretty amazing mate and we view each other as equals.

I still stand behind my statement that very few guys are going to tell their wives to their faces the views many are expressing here.

If they are both following Biblical principals he wouldn’t have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          If they are both following Biblical principals he wouldn’t have to.

This is the operative word. Filed zero times. People can say or quote what they will, but you really have zero say in the matter if the other one is done. You pick up the pieces and move on. And for those who say "I'd never allow my wife to divorce me", good luck with that if it ever happens. I know some people have repaired their marriages, but it was only because BOTH were committed to do it. People have very rigid ideas about these things when it hasn't kicked them square in the taint. I used to think the same way. So if you've never been divorced, that's awesome. Really it is. Some of us aren't that fortunate. Wouldn't wish divorce on anybody.

Comment

Bible never says anything about stepping on your wife’s neck or her being subservient. What it does say is for husbands to love their wives as Christ loves the church. Also says to treat them as a weaker vessel(correct me if I’m misquoting). IMO, weaker vessel doesn’t mean that they are less intelligent etc etc. I think it means to handle them with care. There has been plenty of times that my wife had a better idea than me and I used it and vice versa. I’ll be the first one to tell you that she’s way more educated than me. But we’ve come to an agreement. I’m the event of a toss up I have the last day. I think it works because she knows I’m gonna do what I think is best for them.
                            Couple more things. The Bible says things of the Spirit are foolishness to those without the Spirit. God said it not me. So take it up with God if you have a problem with men quoting scripture. We’re all hypocrites at one time or another and the older you get the better you get at repenting. Doesn’t mean someone thinks they are better than anyone else
                            The biggest run can be this one: the Bible says that a man and woman shall leave their parents and cling to each other and become one (trying to paraphrase). The problem seems to be which “one”!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              Bible never says anything about stepping on your wife’s neck or her being subservient. What it does say is for husbands to love their wives as Christ loves the church. Also says to treat them as a weaker vessel(correct me if I’m misquoting). IMO, weaker vessel doesn’t mean that they are less intelligent etc etc. I think it means to handle them with care. There has been plenty of times that my wife had a better idea than me and I used it and vice versa. I’ll be the first one to tell you that she’s way more educated than me. But we’ve come to an agreement. I’m the event of a toss up I have the last day. I think it works because she knows I’m gonna do what I think is best for them.
                              Couple more things. The Bible says things of the Spirit are foolishness to those without the Spirit. God said it not me. So take it up with God if you have a problem with men quoting scripture. We’re all hypocrites at one time or another and the older you get the better you get at repenting. Doesn’t mean someone thinks they are better than anyone else
                              The biggest run can be this one: the Bible says that a man and woman shall leave their parents and cling to each other and become one (trying to paraphrase). The problem seems to be which “one”!

The bold is the key, and sir you have done a pretty good job at paraphrasing what God expects, but to those who are unfamiliar with Scripture, please let me point out exactly what that bold statement above means... ...like Christ loved the church... You know what He did for the church? He served the church. He on the night before He laid down His earthly life for the church bathed his disciples feet and He gave them clear instructions as to what to do. He taught them how to love one another. Then he spent the rest of the night praying for the church. He shed tears, many tears for the church because he knew how the church would be treated... I mean just look around in today's world. Heck, just look in this thread! Then He laid down his life for the church that the church may be saved. THAT friends is what it means to love your wife like Christ loved the church. Now you tell me who has the most responsibility in the relationship. That is why God said that the husband is the head of the wife. He is TOTALLY devoted to her and her well-being.
                              I can tell you honestly and plainly that when He joined my wife and me together, we indeed became one flesh inseparable til death.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                                Good luck with that. What I did was sign over my part of the equity in the house. It's was about a wash with my 401k. Only differnce was, while I was drawing interest, she was paying interest.
                                Well young fella, you won! :-) sort of I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X