Question about Tractor function.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Tractor function.

I have been looking a getting a tractor and have been looking at the various features and how things work. I've never owned one.

I saw one on CL a 44HP New Holland, that only had 1 hydraulic lift for the bucket. All the others I have seen had 2. Anyone know the logic behind this? Wouldn't think it would be as stout as 2 hydraulic lifts, but could be legit.

thanx,

Could be good or bad for a lot of different reason, your not likely to really notice though on most small property applications. That pretty general but I can't really say without knowing the setup and trying it out.

Comment

Lower Bucket capacity.

Comment

That size tractor. One cylinder will do all it will do anyway. Reduce cost and parts to fail that ain’t needed (my guess)

Comment

I'll see if I can get a picture of it.

Comment

I’ve never seen a farm tractor with one hydraulic cylinder on the lift. On the bucket curl maybe, that’s all my backhoe has, but not the lift. Seems like that would put the lift in a bind.

Comment

Kubota bx series loaders have one bucket cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                I’ve never seen a farm tractor with one hydraulic cylinder on the lift. On the bucket curl maybe, that’s all my backhoe has, but not the lift. Seems like that would put the lift in a bind.
                the bucket curl. Not to lift the bucket up and down.

Comment

Picture of tractor
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hydraulic force if a function of the square inches of piston surface and the operating pressure. Doesn't matter whether the square inches are in one cylinder or two.

Comment

That looks like some home made loader. It’s 2 wheel drive, you won’t be doing much work with it. Small tractors need 4 wheel drive for maximum loader use.

Comment

it says New Holland 3415 on one side and ford on the other. Looks like it was recently painted.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                          it says New Holland 3415 on one side and ford on the other. Looks like it was recently painted.
                          Definitely aerosol over haul there.

Comment

One cylinder isn't bad at all. In fact, the majority of heavy equipment units (wheel loaders, backhoes, front end loaders, etc) only have one cylinder to control the bucket. However, from the photo you posted, I would pass. Looks like a kit or homemade loader.

Comment

I agree with needing 4x4. I have a 35hp and I use 4x4 all the time. From lifting to pushing. Unless you plan to take the front bucket off please get 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X