• Show
Clear All

Old construction workers

Hell, I get vertigo watching the video.

. Bet they only fell once

Comment

I already fell off watching the video

Comment

I,m a retired Ironworker. It was a job I loved until they put me in supervision. I don't miss that 50 lbs toolbelt and bolt bags, but loved it.

Comment

Agh heck...I couldn’t watch..

Comment

Eeek!

Comment

Saw on one the Golden Gate Bridge too. They finally put a net up after 30 people fell off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

i got tingly feet just watching

Comment

Back when men were men and zero flips given.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddle Tramp View Post
                    I,m a retired Ironworker. It was a job I loved until they put me in supervision. I don't miss that 50 lbs toolbelt and bolt bags, but loved it.
                    I hung iron as a young man myself and loved it. As I got older, fatter, and bad knees I migrated towards the cranes as an operator

Comment

This is from a time where there were Zero safety precautions and almost no guidelines. Construction companies and real estate Barons controlled the game. OSHA did not happen until the 70's. Today in construction, you cannot have your feet more than 6' off the floor without being tied off to an anchor point wearing a full body harness.
                      Safety is WAY over the top now.

Comment

A job like that would keep a man thin

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          Saw on one the Golden Gate Bridge too. They finally put a net up after 30 people fell off

I remember watching a video about that in college. They were against putting up the nets because it would put them behind schedule. Turned out the guys worked faster with the net there and more than a handful of people were saved when they fell.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            This is from a time where there were Zero safety precautions and almost no guidelines. Construction companies and real estate Barons controlled the game. OSHA did not happen until the 70's. Today in construction, you cannot have your feet more than 6' off the floor without being tied off to an anchor point wearing a full body harness.
                            Safety is WAY over the top now.

I wouldn’t do that with every safety device known to man. I hate heights. I’m serious when I say there is no amount of money.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X