Whole House Water Filter System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole House Water Filter System

Looking for recommendations for a whole house water filter. You would think this would be easy but I have not found it to be so. I ordered two ISpring dual 20" filters from Amazon. The inlet and outlet are 1" and are supposedly NPT threads. On both I had to use 10 wraps of teflon tape on the threads and the fittings were buried in the filter housing. On both there were water leaks at these fittings that I was never able to seal. I tried different 1"fittings but all buried the threads in the filter housing. I suspect these products are made in China and have the threads cut straight instead of tapered as NPT threads are designed. From the reviews it seems this is a common issue with many of these filter housings. Probably all made in the same plant. So I'm looking for a decent quality 1" water filter system

We got a Whirlpool whole house water filter, I was very impressed with how well it worked.

The one we bought, was pretty easy to install and we never had any problems with it. I had to cut the pipe that goes into the house, run it to the water filter, then connect back to the pipe supplying the house. You may not have to do that in other applications, but in our application, we had to. I can tell you it worked very well, it got the chlorine out of the water and fixed all types of problems we were previously having with the water. Our water turns out to have caused everybody in the house problems, that we did not realize were being caused by the water. It was the high chlorine content in our water. Once we installed the filter, most of my skin problems cleared up, along with the wife's and daughter's skin problems. I think where were are now, we again have high chlorine content in the water. I should have installed the water filter before now, but don't know where the line comes into the house.

This is the one we got.
    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 06-08-2020, 08:35 PM.

Comment

We use a Watts filter system. It seems to work very well but filter elements are pretty expensive.

Comment

I use one called a Big Blue 20. Get it at the Depot. Fairly cheap and always available at the Depot.

Comment

I also use a big blue 20.

Comment

watts

Comment

Thanks to all who replied. I have two different filter housings on order from HD. I plan to rig up an air test on them before I install to see if they will seal.

Comment

Working...
              X