No announcement yet.

We Bought a Home and Property - “Tres Hijas!”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, we’re pretty much finished with the interior renovation phase! It’s long overdue, but they did a good job and we’re pleased with the way it turned out.

You’ve probably noticed the glaring omission...

Probably the one thing I’ve been most excited about is having a big, 36” gas range to cook on. We converted from electric to propane. The tank is one of the first things I had set and I ordered the range around the same time in early January. It arrived 1/22, but they weren’t ready to install it so it remained in the box in the shop for over a month. A couple of weeks ago we moved it to the center of the LR and unboxed it, giving it a quick inspection. When it came time to install it last Friday, i couldn’t open the drawer and after closer inspection found a dent that has it in a bind.

I called Wayfair and they promptly agreed to send another and pick up the damaged unit. It shipped today...to arrive “after March 16...”

We also installed a farm sink and a new professional faucet that required modification of the existing cabinet. We’re still waiting on the cabinet doors to be installed.

My son-in-law had a friend build us a custom table for the “dining room.”

We’re still currently using our OLD chairs we had for our previous dining room.

I can’t remember if I posted pics of our new master shower/tub, so here it is. We will put up a glass door at some point.

Still a lot to do in terms of cleaning up, changing bulbs and decorating, but we’re finally finished with the contractor and crew!

I’m still in the market for a tractor to maintain the 26 acres, and I’ll continue to post updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

A little before/after:

Before

After

My Flickr Photos

Comment

The transformation is amazing. So love this place!!!

Comment

Well done! The remodel turned out great!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Turned out very nice. Congrats!

Comment

Dang Michael....the floors with that table are absolutely OVER THE TOP! I like the heck out of that color combination. Well done!!

Comment

Very nice & awesome work by the contractors

Comment

Very nice and the lighter colors transformed it into a real home. Congratulations to you and your family.

Comment

Beautiful updates !!!

Comment

Looks great Michael! I'm happy for you guys that things have wrapped up contractor wise. We are entering the home stretch of our home build. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of tired of the process...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          I’m currently looking for a good, used tractor with FEL and shredder to maintain the property after Matt does his thing. I’ve been researching threads here but I’m open to suggestions for what to look for in a tractor for a smallish property.

congrats!

I would say around 50 ish HP with FEL looks like a lot of trees so you probably wont need a huge shredder/ cutter, would probably opt for a quick connect bucket and get a grapple to deal with fallen limbs etc. I havea used 31 hp kubota from a friend and it has been a great little tractor. kinda depends on your choice of paint... green / orange / red / blue etc.. would shy away from off market brands as parts can be a challenge. I looked at Branson before this one. Consider the local dealers for service and parts as well.

Comment

Very classy. Well done!

Comment

Y'all done good on the transformation.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                Probably around 40 hp or so.

I saw what I would guess to be close to 40hp Kubota with a FEL on it in El Campo today. I'll swing back by it if you're interested?

Comment

Working...
                                X