• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spy point micro link camera

Any experience?
    The good?
    The bad?
    The ugly?

For the price I was thinking of giving it a shot to get into the texting photos trail cameras.

I’ve had one for about a month. For the money there pretty good. I wish the mexapixels were better. But overall I’ve been pleased with it so far.

Comment

I just bought two. Put them out Friday
      Click image for larger version

Name:	414A64D6-4611-4C82-A2C4-5921EECF69AD.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	24609518

Click image for larger version

Name:	17F9F5F2-E6D5-4A42-9BE7-8A062B6C7880.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	24609519

Comment

Several threads about it if you search SPYPOINT micro. This ^^^ one has lots of info

Comment

We've had 3 since the first of the year and have had to take two of them back and then had to take one of those back. Night time pics are horrible.

Comment

I've got one on my lease in western Val Verde/Terrell County. I have 2 bars of service with my iPhone where I set up the camera. It will not pick up a signal. It takes very good daytime pics, but the night time ones leave a little to be desired.

FWIW, the camera worked very well when I set it up at home before taking it to the lease. My next project will be to set up an extended antenna and see if that works.

Comment

I have 5 that have been up since last year. I have had no problems at all.

Comment

These responses are what you’re gonna get. Great for some. Garbage for others.

Comment

$108 shipped from Dikks Sporting Goods right now.

Comment

Dealing with the ugly right now. Had camera 5 months and it crapped out. Their help desk is guess where and yes I would like to have pulled him through the phone by the end of the call. Had to pull sd card and send two files to them for their "technical" team to review and haven't heard a word. Frustrating to say the least.

Comment

My father has had 2 for about a year and they’re still working great.

Also I had bought one of their SMS cameras a couple of years ago and maybe 8 months later they sent an email saying they were discontinuing that network but if you had bought one of those cameras and they were within the warranty period they’d send you a 4G Link Evo for free, as long as you had the proof of purchase that is.

Basically I have a Link Evo which has been up and running for about 11 months now. No issues at all but others have had problems. If this camera hadn’t have been “free” I’d probably look into other routes but it’s worked well to this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X