Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawasaki mule 4010 crew diesel owners

Any of you guys out there?
    What are the pros and cons of the diesel model?
    Crew model vs the Polaris crew model

Speed?

Dont know a lot about the mule but the diesel Model interests me. But don’t know a lot about them

Any input would be appreciated
    Thanks
    David

Loud

Comment

Not as many mechanics out there for the diesels and more expensive to repair.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        Loud
        This

Comment

Not sure on the Mule but I had a John Deere diesel. It's loud but it was a work horse. I'm sure the Mule is the same. If that's what you want I wouldn't hesitate. I inherited mine and it's not a good hunting rig. To loud for me.

Comment

Bought one new in 2009 in has survived my grandson. They are hell for stout.

Comment

Could look at the kubota 1140 diesel, they are a little loud but will poll a house if you need to, comes with hyd dump bed also

Comment

I have a 2013.

It’s louder than the gasoline version, but it’s not as loud as the Kubota, John Deer or Polaris diesels (even the Polaris gasoline models are louder than my diesel).

I got the diesel for two reasons. It can sit a while without the fuel varnishing in the tank and it is WAY more fuel efficient than the gasoline models. I haven’t done any scientific studies, but I estimate about 25-30% better fuel efficiency than my buddies’ gas models. This is solely based on observations regarding how far theirs can travel before fueling versus mine.

They do get a little louder with age. Reset the valve lash and it’ll quiet back down. I did mine at about 450 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What is the top speed ?

Comment

About 25 mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking at a bigger mule soon. Is it possible to improve the muffler to quiet the diesel version?

BP

Comment

it ain't muffler noise them rattling diesel motors ...in new Pickups the got them quieted down with High pressure Electronic fuel injection...But most smaller still have mechanical injection..
                        My 3010 diesel made it to just short of 7,000 hours dependable it was, tell last year then Over heat/over heat... But can't complain super workhorse..for 13y

Comment

Thanks. I think I want a quieter ride for cruising with guests and hunting.

Comment

I have a diesel Mule and Kubota. Loud doesn't bother me. I want my hunting vehicles loud. Loud enough so all the deer in the area know that corn is on the way. Start road feeding a month or two before the season opens and you'll have plenty of deer trained to the "loud" diesel.

Comment

Working...
                            X