Why leave the tails on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why leave the tails on?

There are two shrimp dishes I really like at two different spots here in town. Shrimp fajitas at a mexi joint and shrimp pasta at an Italian joint. Both of them leave the **** shrimp tails on and it ****** me off. Why???? Can someone give me a good reason why I have to deconstruct my food after it’s prepped to eat it? So stupid. I hate it.

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
    There are two shrimp dishes I really like at two different spots here in town. Shrimp fajitas at a mexi joint and shrimp pasta at an Italian joint. Both of them leave the **** shrimp tails on and it ****** me off. Why???? Can someone give me a good reason why I have to deconstruct my food after it’s prepped to eat it? So stupid. I hate it.

I’m with you and never understood it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree 100% it’s some grade A Bull Ssss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have always thought it was stupid as well. I was told by people in the seafood business it was done as a "handle" to pick them up to eat. I told them I have a fork to pick it up with.

I once bit into a shrimp po-boy and got a mouth full of fried shrimp tail. I am usually pretty easy going in a restaurant but I lost it and had them bring the cook out. I gave a lecture on taking the tails off before putting them in a sandwich as I took the tails off. I have never been back to that restaurant because I am sure they would remember me, and I don't like to swap spit with just anyone.

Comment

I know a lot of people who eat the shell on the tail .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
            Are they vietnamese? For every 1 person that might eat the shell, there are 9 who don't. I agree with above that you shouldn't have to take a taco or sandwich apart to take the tails off! Now on a fried shrimp platter it's perfectly fine, but on a sandwhich or in pasta no way!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              Are they vietnamese? For every 1 person that might eat the shell, there are 9 who don't. I agree with above that you shouldn't have to take a taco or sandwich apart to take the tails off! Now on a fried shrimp platter it's perfectly fine, but on a sandwhich or in pasta no way!

No not Vietnamese.

Comment

I got a shrimp tail stuck in my throat once so I definitely think there's a time and a place for it. Skewered shrimp and fried shrimp is fine with the tail on. But nobody should leave them on them if they're in a sandwich or pasta where it may be a surprise to somebody when they take a bite. And nobody really wants to dig through pasta so they can take their food apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                  I eat em

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I eat the shrimp tails when it’s fried.

Comment

Maybe it so you can recognize what you are eating. You no they can cut up a cat to look like shrimp. And Lord knows we wouldn't want that [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Order it with the tail off if you don’t want it served that way.

Comment

Never have understood why they do that with a dish you eat with a fork, ridiculous IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            No no no !!! That’s dumb. Get on the I internet and complain Is the correct approach. Quit talking sense.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              And dont forget to order your steaks with the skin off, just in case.....

Comment

Working...
                              X