Cooper WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by medic911 View Post
    My grandsons draw the hunt this coming weekend. Should be a great hunt. Even tho I havent hunted out there in 20 years if we draw the right unit I think we will be OK. We only get an afternoon and all day Sunday.
    I've wondered how those draw hunts work there. How are the compartments broken up? Got any details?

Comment

Im really not sure how they break them up. I talked to one of the guys that puts it on last night and he did say the area behind the dam was broken up into 2 units. We draw for pick of units at 11am Sat and then hunt that afternoon and all day Sunday. I really am torn as to what area I want to try and draw. We can use 4wheelers to get around so that opens alot of ground up.

Comment

Back for evening hunt. One other hunter up here. Saw 12 doe and 2 bucks all together feeding in a field across the road. Hopefully the shooter will mosey over this way.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Little forked horn just walked under me, and walked straight out the trail I walked in on. Guess I'm pretty well scent free. Lol

Comment

Seen a nice long tine 8 point and barely legal 5 point Saturday morning both cruising for does. Never had a shot at the 8 but had the 5 point at full draw twice but couldn't make myself release on him. Hope I don't regret that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sgraham1071 View Post
              Seen a nice long tine 8 point and barely legal 5 point Saturday morning both cruising for does. Never had a shot at the 8 but had the 5 point at full draw twice but couldn't make myself release on him. Hope I don't regret that.

I don't believe I would have had such restraint.... [emoji38]
              Good Luck gentlemen.... >---->

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just had a basket 6 walk through. Just need their daddy to follow them.

Comment

Sounds like they're moving this evening.

Comment

Just had daddy shooter walk 70 yards behind me. Couldn't turn him this way for nothing. I'm shaking right now. Big 8. He just walked out so maybe he will circle back.

Comment

Another little fork horn and a doe. Dang I can't get settled down. They are moving this evening.

Comment

Yeah sounds like a good sit.

Comment

I'll be back in the morning.

Comment

Got a picture of a shooter on camera from yesterday, but I don't think he's the one I saw today. Either one gets shot if I see them. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                              Got a picture of a shooter on camera from yesterday, but I don't think he's the one I saw today. Either one gets shot if I see them. Lol

nice buck, man. Hope you get to deflate him

Comment

I'm in the stand. Seen the little 6 from yesterday and a couple of doe way off so far. Going to try and hold out till 10, but dang my toes are cold.

Comment

Working...
                                X