No announcement yet.

Emaciated grizzly bears. This is sad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should trap them and turn them loose in San Francisco Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      They should trap them and turn them loose in San Francisco Ca.
      Boy that would get me off the streets if I was homeless!!

These guys were lucky this one wasn't hungry...that thread of the fisherman who didn't notice the bear yesterday made national.

Last edited by Artos; 10-03-2019, 03:00 PM.

Comment

It's not sad, it's nature. Animals starving to death is nothing new, it's been happening throughout history. What's sad is that some people seam more worried about a couple of bears starving over the millions of kids that are starving in the world, now that is sad. We also have no idea why those bears look the way they do other then someones opinion that they are starving and their opinion on why they are starving.

Comment

I've heard a report from Canadian trappers that grizzlies don't hibernate the same as black bears and during the fall and milder parts of winter hunt for denning black bears, especially in those years when the berries, nuts, or other primary food sources fail. Don't know if it's true or not, just mo-info for those that like to ponder such things.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
            I've heard a report from Canadian trappers that grizzlies don't hibernate the same as black bears and during the fall and milder parts of winter hunt for denning black bears, especially in those years when the berries, nuts, or other primary food sources fail. Don't know if it's true or not, just mo-info for those that like to ponder such things.
            Actually, neither black bears or grizzlies truly hibernate. What they do is called torpor. But, I have heard the same thing. Black bears also prey heavily on back bear cubs when they come out of hibernation. Not sure if Grizz do the same.

Bears are cool. I love them. They aren't particularly nice though.

Comment

So the word I’m getting is that this story is complete horse crap. Either the pictures are from spring or the photographer found diseased beard.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                Bears are omnivores and I would bet those find something to eat. They are an incredibly resourceful species.

While that article didn't mention it, BC outlawed the grizzly bear hunts in 2017. That means an increased population for dwindling food sources and likely is contributory for the three bears shown in this picture.

As per normal, when species aren't managed scientifically there are consequences
                This is what I'd put my money on.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                  So the word I’m getting is that this story is complete horse crap.
                  The three bear story might be crap, but the steady decline of the Pacific Northwest salmon and steelhead fishery is real.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    sound the alarm!

Let’s get Greta up there stat to solve this problem
                    Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    I'd like to have one of my twin girls beat Greta's smug little ***. I got one just for the job....she's salty.

I wish you'd send 1 or both to ship that poor fool back to Sweden, or Norway, or whatever doesn't matter country she's from....with a black eye, a wired shut jaw....and a proper education!

Comment

Working...
                    X