Emaciated grizzly bears. This is sad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emaciated grizzly bears. This is sad.

Shocking images have emerged of emaciated and starving grizzly bears desperately searching for fish despite a depleted salmon population in Canada, just one month before the animals will burrow for warmth in hibernation.

Emaciated bears on the British Columbia Coast are being forced to travel long distances to find food due to depleted levels of salmon, according to Canadian photographer Rolf Hicker.

Bears are omnivores and I would bet those find something to eat. They are an incredibly resourceful species.

While that article didn't mention it, BC outlawed the grizzly bear hunts in 2017. That means an increased population for dwindling food sources and likely is contributory for the three bears shown in this picture.

As per normal, when species aren't managed scientifically there are consequences.

Comment

Those bunny ****ers that decided they shouldn’t be sport hunted for population control will be looking for gov’t money to haul food to them inside a month. Guaranteed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Weird...I saw an article just yesterday wanting the public's feedback on picking the fattest griz getting ready to nap. Not sure if it was out of one location or bears over a vast area??

Comment

I ain't buying the story...………
          (I ain't sure, it's the complete story)
          Sounds, more like an agenda article, than a news piece...…..

Comment

Bears are omnivores and nature is freaking tough.... 3 photos of the same bears doesn't mean there is a massive issue...

This is like those stupid polar bear photos where "All the polar bears are dying" and it shows 5 photos of the same polar bear getting its arse kicked by nature...

Comment

i sent it to a biologist i know that is an expert on bears in NA. hoping he can find out more about the story.

Comment

My guess is something is wrong with it. Same as the polar bear a few years ago that was starving because of the mean ol global warming creature.
                Or........is'nt the old saying....survival of the fittest

Comment

They want to blame climate change, but not overpopulation or maybe over-fishing!

Comment

Every year we spend some of September chasing salmon and steelhead in Idaho's Snake and Clearwater River drainages. I've been following this for the last 3 or 4 years and the fish count returning to the Columbia drainage has been way down from historical runs. Warm water in the north Pacific has really impacted the lower food base, therefore the fish that spend 2-3 years maturing in the ocean. Idaho closed the steelhead season while we were up there this year and I've heard they have shut down most recreational salmon and steelhead on the Columbia. Not good.

Comment

Nature is a B*t*h. But that's how it works. Some win, some lose. Those three bears appear to be losing. Maybe they should not have selected that river.

Ever seen a grizzly bear find a calf caribou hiding in the grass and start eating it while still alive? Here you go:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...ootage-reveals

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Those bunny ****ers that decided they shouldn’t be sport hunted for population control will be looking for gov’t money to haul food to them inside a month. Guaranteed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        and they'd probably show up with truck loads of honey

Click image for larger version

Name:	pooh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	24593410

Comment

agenda driven. "The bears are the latest victims in a warming climate."

Comment

sound the alarm!

Let’s get Greta up there stat to solve this problem

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                              sound the alarm!

Let’s get Greta up there stat to solve this problem
                              I'd like to have one of my twin girls beat Greta's smug little ***. I got one just for the job....she's salty.

Comment

Working...
                              X