My Harley was repossessed by mistake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
    Man this is really dragging on. At some point you need just sue the owner, period. He won't be able to ignore the sheriff on his door step with lawsuit documents.
    After filing a lawsuit against them, I found out the company name they gave the Alvin PD and me is an “assumed name”. So after all the hullabaloo, I got a reply from the registered agent for Countrywide Asset & Auto Recovery stating that the company sold in 2012 to a guy in Pearland. His name is Christopher Maddox. The new company’s name is Auto Recovery of Houston LLC, doing business as: CAAR of Houston LLC. CAAR is an acronym of the original name. To make it even more muddled, they get to use the original name , as an assumed name, for 10 years. Guess what? You can’t sue a company under an “assumed name”.

I’m sure this guy is really liked by some people, no matter his business practices. After all, Hitler and Stalin had mothers who probably thought their sons were stand up guys too.

Comment

Keep track of your hours too. Charge 350/hour because you are doing the work of a lawer. You should get all these hours too in compensation.

Comment

Lawsuit number 2 filed today. The repo company refused another certified letter. Now they can deal with the Constables.

Comment

Stay on them!

Comment

Definitely stick with it, and as already mentioned, keep track of the hours spent on this.

Comment

There are some sorry people out there. Good on your for staying on him, I like to see this thread popping back up once or twice a week. Keep track of your time, I don't have any idea if you can charge an attorney rate unless you are one, but our admins bill out above $150/hour.

Comment

Killdozer!!!!

Comment

Honestly I dont think you are going to get anything from them. Best if you can just get an insurance company to handle it. I filed and won in court before and to this day still havent gotten a dime. I even had his property inspected by sheriffs office to see what could be auctioned off and the law is with the defendent not the one who was basically robbed. Maybe you need to file on HD financing for mental anguish for 50k.

Comment

Just boggles the mind it could draw out this long!!

Comment

Keep on them!

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                        After filing a lawsuit against them, I found out the company name they gave the Alvin PD and me is an “assumed name”. So after all the hullabaloo, I got a reply from the registered agent for Countrywide Asset & Auto Recovery stating that the company sold in 2012 to a guy in Pearland. His name is Christopher Maddox. The new company’s name is Auto Recovery of Houston LLC, doing business as: CAAR of Houston LLC. CAAR is an acronym of the original name. To make it even more muddled, they get to use the original name , as an assumed name, for 10 years. Guess what? You can’t sue a company under an “assumed name”.

I’m sure this guy is really liked by some people, no matter his business practices. After all, Hitler and Stalin had mothers who probably thought their sons were stand up guys too.
                        But you can sue an owner. Just sue the Maddox guy and get this over with for your own sanity.

Comment

Finally an update. After suing the company name they me, I found out they use Countrywide Asset and Auto Recovery of Houston as a DBA. The Registered Agent listed for them is different too, since the company name is different.

I finally was able to present my case before a judge on January 17, 2019. That's a long time to wait from May 2, 2018 for a "small claims" issue.

The judge ruled for me, and granted me approximately $7800 in damages. Auto Recovery of Houston has 21 days to appeal this. I hope they actually pay up and get this over with ASAP.

Comment

Finally an update. After suing the company name they me, I found out they use Countrywide Asset and Auto Recovery of Houston as a DBA. The Registered Agent listed for them is different too, since the company name is different.

I finally was able to present my case before a judge on January 17, 2019. That's a long time to wait from May 2, 2018 for a "small claims" issue.

The judge ruled for me, and granted me approximately $7800 in damages. Auto Recovery of Houston has 21 days to appeal this. I hope they actually pay up and get this over with ASAP.
                            I wish the best for you.....did the other side show up to present their side of the issue or were they no-shows?

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

I hope you get paid quickly . glad you stuck with it and didn’t give up .

Comment

Working...
                                X