Shoot through mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot through mesh

As a result of not finding a decent tree to set up in, I will be hunting out of a popup this season. I've hunted out of them before but usually cut holes into the mesh or sometimes lowering the "window" completely because I was using a mechanical BH.
    I've switched to fixed BH because I'd like to leave the mesh up and shoot through it. Has anyone had any issues or experiences to share good or bad? I'd hate for my arrow to veer off target as a result.

Thanks!

You are going to get both answers here.
    I think it will depend on how tight the mesh is and what broadhead you are using. I tested it a couple years ago and I didn't like it so I cut out small holes in the mesh. I use magnus stingers and it changed the impact point by about an inch at 20 yds.

Comment

Never had issues with g5s

Comment

Why risk it? I lower the windows and let it fly

Comment

All just say, I'm not a big fan of the mesh.

Comment

I wouldn’t do it people talk about the type of broadheads you use shooting through that mesh what about your fletching hitting it ? People are to worried about the deer seeing you moving around in your pop ups wear black . Take that mesh and Start your camp fire with it !!

Comment

I’ve never had issues shooting through it. But I started having issues seeing clearly through it, especially in low light so I cut holes in all of mine

Comment

Make sure your blind is brushed in good. Remove the mesh. Wear dark colors maybe some face paint and call it good

Comment

I have never had a problem shooting through mesh with fixed blades. You have to have gold arrow flight for it to work. It the arrow hits the mesh flying sideways it won’t fly well! I have shot through mesh to 40 yards with no change in impact. It’s nice for spooky animals, newer setups and hunting with kids. The cheaper the blind the crappier the mesh. Double bull is the best. It can make aiming appear blurry and you might lose a few minutes of shooting light.

Comment

^Been my exact experience with my pop-up on a new lease. Have had zero issues other than low light visibility. A permanent stand isn't exactly an option so I'll deal...

Comment

i never had any issues. Treaat it like any other change you make to your system sey it up in the back yard and shoot through it to test it

Comment

Never an issue for us with fixed blades(slick tricks)

Comment

After last year, I won’t do it again!!

Comment

I started using it for turkey and really liked it. Had no problems with hitting my mark on a turkey. Of course I’m shooting a longbow with feathers. Those blazers the compounders are using are pretty tall and stiff.

Comment

I just tested Swhackers M/B through the mesh yesterday. They performed great, I shot a water melon at 20 yards. I found the yellow rubber band inside the melon proving it didnt open until entry of the melon.

Comment

Working...
                              X