No announcement yet.

Does my trailer need a license plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All trailers need a plate. Under GVWR 4000 do not require a title but needs a registration/plate. One thing to keep in mind, if you get pulled over and it gets impounded-good luck on getting it out with no title or registration.
    OP I stand corrected, I think you are correct.
    Last edited by brushtrooper; 01-13-2021, 07:44 PM.

Comment

You’ll be fine. My little trailer I pull to the lease every weekend doesn’t have a plate, and my boat trailer hasn’t had a plate in 3 years or so. It did have one, but it fell off at some point and I’ve been too lazy to get another. The main thing is working lights at night. They’ll get you for that.

Comment

Reading this post reminds me of the post about sharing deer tags with your children...lol...that op got chastised way worse than this op for asking if it was OK to do something illegal.

Yes it needs plates with current registration regardless of weight or farm status.

Thought...if you have another trailer and a machine at each location with hydraulics and the ability to lift why not haul this trailer on another trailer?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Dale Moser;15400941]Why? You don’t give a **** if anyone can see you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
          None of your business what I choose to do, but to answer your question, no
          Farmers drag trailers up and down the highway all day long with no lights!
          And besides, I don’t pull trailers at night! Like I said , none of your business

Comment

You don't want to get stopped with a license of different trailer. Harbor freight has those temporary magnetic trailer lights for a lot cheaper than a fine plus if someone runs into you with no lights you will be up chip creek.

Comment

Send it!!!! And let us know.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

load it up on a trailer that is registered

Comment

I've got plenty of trailers that are licensed. This one came with a ranch that I bought. It has never been used on the road. That's why it's not registered and licensed. I am taking it to a different ranch where it will be used strictly off-road. I don't have the means to load it on another trailer where it currently resides. Otherwise I would do that. I have a set of magnetic lights if the current ones don't work. Just trying to find a legal way to move it one time on the highway without going through the hassle of getting it licensed if I don't have too.

Comment

[quote=Leemo;15400963]
                    Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Why? You don’t give a **** if anyone can see you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
                    None of your business what I choose to do, but to answer your question, no
                    Farmers drag trailers up and down the highway all day long with no lights!
                    And besides, I don’t pull trailers at night! Like I said , none of your business

Yeah, if you’re pulling it around on public roads, it is my business. It’s everyone’s business who might want to know when the **** heap trailer in front of them is gonna slow down or turn.

It’s a pretty simple way to get your **** together, and help out those around you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      I've got plenty of trailers that are licensed. This one came with a ranch that I bought. It has never been used on the road. That's why it's not registered and licensed. I am taking it to a different ranch where it will be used strictly off-road. I don't have the means to load it on another trailer where it currently resides. Otherwise I would do that. I have a set of magnetic lights if the current ones don't work. Just trying to find a legal way to move it one time on the highway without going through the hassle of getting it licensed if I don't have too.

Sabe, in that case, I’d throw the temp lights on and take my chances for a trip. That’s how I move my lease camper.

Comment

You could put the triangle sign for slow moving farm equip on back of it but your legal speed is limited to 35 mph I think. Might could get away with a little faster who knows. Its a little slow but you still get there legally.

Comment

Originally posted by flinch View Post
                          You could put the triangle sign for slow moving farm equip on back of it but your legal speed is limited to 35 mph I think. Might could get away with a little faster who knows. Its a little slow but you still get there legally.
                          Thanks but the places are roughly 150 miles apart. I’ll sooner do a cannonball run.

Comment

Just go get a one way trip paper tag. It was like $5 or $10 bucks

Comment

Play dumb my friend.

Comment

Just go for it

Comment

Working...
                                X