C&T Construction Canton Tx.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any of yall heard of or used this building company? I was at a friend's house outside Greenville a few weeks ago that just had them build a 40x50 shop for him. He did a pole barn that has 6x6 treated posts with pre built trusses and told me the turn key price was something around $25k with the rolled out insulation. I hear their ad all the time on the radio, but I only know one person they have done work for. We are interested in a barndo, and it looks like they do a pole barn style building or a weld up. They advertise a starting price of $16 a foot for their building, and that would put us around 80k for what we are wanting minus porches. They have a ton of pictures of completed building on their site that look really nice. I just figured I would check here to see if anyone has any experience with them or think $16 a ft. is a good price.

Thanks, BJW.

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
    Have any of yall heard of or used this building company? I was at a friend's house outside Greenville a few weeks ago that just had them build a 40x50 shop for him. He did a pole barn that has 6x6 treated posts with pre built trusses and told me the turn key price was something around $25k with the rolled out insulation. I hear their ad all the time on the radio, but I only know one person they have done work for. We are interested in a barndo, and it looks like they do a pole barn style building or a weld up. They advertise a starting price of $16 a foot for their building, and that would put us around 80k for what we are wanting minus porches. They have a ton of pictures of completed building on their site that look really nice. I just figured I would check here to see if anyone has any experience with them or think $16 a ft. is a good price.

Thanks, BJW.

You ever find anything out on them? I’m in the same boat , looking to have something built.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracyusaf07 View Post
      You ever find anything out on them? I’m in the same boat , looking to have something built.
      We signed a contract with them a couple weeks ago. I have met with the owner three times and his foreman twice. The owner is a really good guy and he is honest. We are excited to break ground.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wish I would have seen this post earlier. I used him on one of my four buildings, that being the first one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
          Wish I would have seen this post earlier. I used him on one of my four buildings, that being the first one.

So, he didn’t do a good enough job to earn your business for buildings 2,3&4 I take it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Correct, he kept trying to take shortcuts and tell me that’s how it needed to be. Tried to pour concrete in the rain and me telling him it wasn’t going to work....and it had to be repoured, but he was rushing to get the final check but I was smarter than that. Just keep a close eye on what he does and how he does it.

Comment

Thanks, BJW.

What size are the side walls? The height will obviously affect price as does pitch of roof and skin gauge.
              I paid $18,300 for my pole barn last year. Winsett Barn Company out of Morris, OK built it.

Specs on building:
              30x50 enclosed with 12’ sidewalls and 4/12 pitch roof
              30x20 extra carport overhang
              2 10x10 insulated paneled garage doors w/openers (didn’t want roll-ups)
              2 walk through aluminum doors and 2 windows

Went with the heavier 26g metal on roof and trim and 29g on everything else

I subbed out my own concrete work because I didn’t want just a basic 4” slab w/o rebar.
              Last edited by RascalArms; 01-13-2021, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                What size are the side walls? The height will obviously affect price as does pitch of roof and skin gauge.
                I paid $18,300 for my pole barn last year. Winsett Barn Company out of Morris, OK built it.

Specs on building:
                30x50 enclosed with 12’ sidewalls and 4/12 pitch roof
                30x20 extra carport overhang
                2 10x10 insulated paneled garage doors w/openers (didn’t want roll-ups)
                2 walk through aluminum doors and 2 windows

Went with the heavier 26g metal on roof and trim and 29g on everything else

I subbed out my own concrete work because I didn’t want just a basic 4” slab w/o rebar.

His price of just under 98k is a main space of 100'x50' with concrete, 8' walls for a 40'x50' area for our residence and a step up to 12' wall for the remaining 60'x50' of the shop. We will also be doing a 15'x40' concreted/covered back porch, a small covered and concreted front porch, and a 20'x50' roof extension for covered parking/storage off the side of the shop. This also included three insulated garage doors, radiant barrier insulation, four man doors, all the house windows, and rough in plumbing for the home. I just had plans drew up for the whole thing.

Comment

We signed a contract with them a couple weeks ago. I have met with the owner three times and his foreman twice. The owner is a really good guy and he is honest. We are excited to break ground.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
                  I am looking to build a 30 x 40 but would want to use spay insulation.. i might in touch with them, as i am waiting on National Barn Builders to send me there quote

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                    I am looking to build a 30 x 40 but would want to use spay insulation.. i might in touch with them, as i am waiting on National Barn Builders to send me there quote
                    A friend of mine has started a spray foam business working around the Greenville area. I had him spray my entire cabin, roof, ceiling, and under the floor and it was at 5k for a 1300sf house. He did a 30x30 shop down the road from me that C&T built and I think it was 3k to have it done. If you want his information let me know.

Comment

His price of just under 98k is a main space of 100'x50' with concrete, 8' walls for a 40'x50' area for our residence and a step up to 12' wall for the remaining 60'x50' of the shop. We will also be doing a 15'x40' concreted/covered back porch, a small covered and concreted front porch, and a 20'x50' roof extension for covered parking/storage off the side of the shop. This also included three insulated garage doors, radiant barrier insulation, four man doors, all the house windows, and rough in plumbing for the home. I just had plans drew up for the whole thing.
                      That’s gonna be really nice. The only thing I would suggest is the concrete specs. Are they just gonna do a 4” 3500# pour? I would highly suggest a vapor barrier material and 18” rebar grid. I also did a 1’ beam around the entire perimeter of my building. Are you going to have any heavy equipment inside the shop area? If so, you might want a few beams as well. I also made sure all the support post of my building were incased in concrete as well. Many pole barn builders don’t do that. They just backfill the hole with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                        That’s gonna be really nice. The only thing I would suggest is the concrete specs. Are they just gonna do a 4” 3500# pour? I would highly suggest a vapor barrier material and 18” rebar grid. I also did a 1’ beam around the entire perimeter of my building. Are you going to have any heavy equipment inside the shop area? If so, you might want a few beams as well. I also made sure all the support post of my building were incased in concrete as well. Many pole barn builders don’t do that. They just backfill the hole with dirt.
                        Yes, tere will be a vapor barrier with a perimeter beam. We have also spoke about adding the cross beams as well since I will be driving equipment into the shop side. My plans are a complete set, from concrete to electric top out. We got a 3d virtual plan and the plan package built from a drawing my wife and I came up with. The total on the plans was $1,800.00. I know that not cheap, but the detail gives us a great peace of mind. I really like knowing exactly how many 2x's I need and everything measured to a fraction of an inch. I'm always open for advise from those who have been there before me. I really appreciate the information brother.

Comment

I have a man that does closed cell in the North East Texas area for around .90 sf.
                          He sprayed my wife’s shop (24’x32’x10’) for $1500
                          Let me know if you need his number.

Comment

Yes, tere will be a vapor barrier with a perimeter beam. We have also spoke about adding the cross beams as well since I will be driving equipment into the shop side. My plans are a complete set, from concrete to electric top out. We got a 3d virtual plan and the plan package built from a drawing my wife and I came up with. The total on the plans was $1,800.00. I know that not cheap, but the detail gives us a great peace of mind. I really like knowing exactly how many 2x's I need and everything measured to a fraction of an inch. I'm always open for advise from those who have been there before me. I really appreciate the information brother.
                            $1800 sounds like a bargain for plans for that square footage, down to BOM.

Comment

A friend of mine has started a spray foam business working around the Greenville area. I had him spray my entire cabin, roof, ceiling, and under the floor and it was at 5k for a 1300sf house. He did a 30x30 shop down the road from me that C&T built and I think it was 3k to have it done. If you want his information let me know.
                              yes Sir, if you can PM his info, i'd apricate it

David G

Comment

Working...
                              X