Montana Late October/Early November elk hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montana Late October/Early November elk hunt

This year my father and I were drawn for Montana general season. We had a MT resident that was willing to help us out, however due to a family emergency he is no longer able to help us out. I've looked at OnX and have attempted a plan. My question is has anybody here been successful there? Any areas where we might find some elk, I am more into this to get my father an elk than myself. Any input is appreciated!

What part of Montana you trying to go?
    I know folks in south/east Montana. Down by Biddle

Comment

Anywhere public. About 15 years ago we hunted NW Montana, but the wolves have pushed everything out since. I was told go to Dillon, but it sounds like that's shoulder to shoulder there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hammyhamilton View Post
        Anywhere public. About 15 years ago we hunted NW Montana, but the wolves have pushed everything out since. I was told go to Dillon, but it sounds like that's shoulder to shoulder there.

NW Montana is where I hunt every year. The elk are there. Early season they stick to the timber. Dillon has some massive herds. Good luck finding a decent bull on public after opening day. This was public land NW last season.[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	A27AB002-50BD-4014-8517-C72DBF50AA70.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	24592403[/ATTACH]
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txmuleyman View Post
          NW Montana is where I hunt every year. The elk are there. Early season they stick to the timber. Dillon has some massive herds. Good luck finding a decent bull on public after opening day. This was public land NW last season.[ATTACH][ATTACH]972663[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
          My father and I are rifle hunting, we used to hunt St. Regis area. Any chance I could get a ballpark of where that area is?

Comment

Originally posted by hammyhamilton View Post
            My father and I are rifle hunting, we used to hunt St. Regis area. Any chance I could get a ballpark of where that area is?

I only rifle hunt during the opening 2 weeks. Just north of St Regis but south of Plains. Is where I hunt for the most part. Local buddies guide me up there.

Comment

Originally posted by txmuleyman View Post
              I only rifle hunt during the opening 2 weeks. Just north of St Regis but south of Plains. Is where I hunt for the most part. Local buddies guide me up there.
              My local buddy had a family emergency so we lost our local area knowledge. So now trying to make an OnX plan. It's been years since we hunted Area 202. Thank you for the input and that's a glorious bull by the way!

Comment

Working...
              X