Lampasas county 2019-2020 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
    Don’t post any pics of the lechwe if you shoot it .........

Thanks for the advice but I have zero plans of getting any tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
      Why
      You need permits. Unless it’s a cross .

Comment

The rancher next door to us west of Adamsville was crying about it being the driest year he could remember but the weeds are chest high and every doe we saw yesterday appeared to be in fine flesh. I think his memory took a hit. Looks like a banner fawn crop.
        The live oaks that are left have a decent crop on them but the few Lacey oaks we saw were loaded.
        Easy, incredibly dry summer. Them high *** weeds came from fall and spring rains.

Comment

Anyone have any reports on rut activity/movement over the last week or so? I’m headed down to try and take advantage of this cold front.

Comment

The Lampasas thread every year makes me miss hunting down there, we used to have a lease just NW of Nix on 580 I believe it was.

It also makes me want a double chili cheese burger with jalapenos from Storm's.

Comment

Got a couple interesting young bucks on camera - hopefully they make it through this season.

Comment

Man those are some good looking youngsters! We have never seen bucks with kickers like that on our place.

This past weekend I watched some young bucks pushing does around. I also had a 4 or 5 yr old 10 point 15 yards in front of me and I could smell his black tarsal glands. I've been seeing some cruising mid day on my cell cam the past few days too. I'm betting this weekend being opener of rifle will be a blood bath for the young bucks running around being stupid.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
                  Man those are some good looking youngsters! We have never seen bucks with kickers like that on our place.

I got a good look at the buck with the kickers today, and he has two split tines on his right side as well; and by my and two other ranchers’ judging, he’s probably 3; 4 at the most. He will be a a really special deer for us if he makes it another year or two.

When we bought this ranch there were only 8 Pointers to be found, but I’ve been putting in 3-5% of our acreage in fall plots every year, clearing cedar, and feeding limited protein in the summertime and the herd has gotten better every year. It’s really gratifying.

Comment

The 3 of us saw the best quality bucks in 30 years. Buddy took a heavy 8 with smooth teeth. Nothing was chasing. Live oak acorns were still falling as well as burr oaks.

Comment

Originally posted by farlow View Post
                      The 3 of us saw the best quality bucks in 30 years. Buddy took a heavy 8 with smooth teeth. Nothing was chasing. Live oak acorns were still falling as well as burr oaks.

Yeah, I thought we were having a down year because of nothing on camera, but we have some really nice bucks this year. We put four does on ice last weekend. I took a neighbor of mine out - this man has 500 combat missions in an Apache:

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                        You need permits. Unless it’s a cross .
                        I googled this but can't find it. Any links to this info?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

There are some good lookin bucks this year. My son ended up with two hogs and a doe. Good times!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Congrats to your son axis!!

Comment

Working...
                            X