Looking for nut and bolt pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for nut and bolt pattern

I can’t find it using google. I bought a set of nerf bars for my 2018 F250. The set did not come with nuts. My truck already has the studs built in, I only need the nuts but I need the size and thread pattern. I went by Lowe’s today but couldn’t get anything to fit. Any ideas?

Other than contacting a dealership or Ford directly, I’d say get a thread pitch gauge or park real close to the front door of your closest hardware store and go back and forth until you find the right nut (insert joke here...)

Comment

I had the same issue. It is a metric nut. I believe I have the package I bought from fastenal. I’ll look in the morning. They did not feel like the correct size at first because of the paint on the studs.

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
        I had the same issue. It is a metric nut. I believe I have the package I bought from fastenal. I’ll look in the morning. They did not feel like the correct size at first because of the paint on the studs.
        Thank you, if you find the package please let me know.

Comment

The hardware store idea works. Past that go buy the cheap electronic calipers from Harbor Freight. Measure the stud diameter in mm. Round your measurement up to the next even size. Example 7.92mm = 8mm. Chances are your hardware store will only have one or two thread pitches in that size nut.

Comment

If the truck already has the studs built in... look at the F250 forum...should be info about the specs on it.

Comment

Drive your truck to Austin Bolt on Kramer Lane (not at lunch time) and those guys will identify the size and thread and sell you the nuts that you need. Bring cash because it will be below their $4 minimum for credit cards.

Actually, I would be a good idea to call them before you drive down there and ask whoever answers the phone if they will measure the studs on your truck outside after you explain the situation. If the guy says yes, remember his name when you get there.

Those guys are nice and if they don't have a huge line of customers at the counter, they will work hard to find you the right hardware for an unusual application.

Comment

M6-1.00x25

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post

M6-1.00x25
                  Thank you!!!!

TBH beats out google, lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X