No announcement yet.

6.5 grendel experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention I just put a Leupold Mk4 6-20x50 on mine after having a Bushnell 4x16 for a couple years.. A little heavy but I love target shooting long range in the off season. 6-800 yds is a lot of fun!

If it was my all around rifle I think I’d put something with 36-40mm objective and a 10x magnification.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      Here’s my set up

I run a Vortex 1-8 on mine and have no complaints. I’ve shot it out to 500 with only holdovers and had zero issues. Hornady black shoots lights out in mine and has taken some pigs and two does this season. I’ll try some of the hornady custom SST loads this year soon as I can find them.

Sierracharlie out…

What bullet is in the Hornady Black ELD match? I don’t see where it says what bullet is in it. I did not think the match bullets where good for hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
        What bullet is in the Hornady Black ELD match? I don’t see where it says what bullet is in it. I did not think the match bullets where good for hunting.

It’s the ELD-m projectile. Anything is acceptable for pig killing! I shot the two does in the neck and they never took a step. I wouldn’t take a heart/lung shot with that ammo on a trophy deer though. There are better applications for that.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
          It’s the ELD-m projectile. Anything is acceptable for pig killing! I shot the two does in the neck and they never took a step. I wouldn’t take a heart/lung shot with that ammo on a trophy deer though. There are better applications for that.

Sierracharlie out…

Roger gotcha. And yes sir I agree anything to a pigs ear is acceptable. LOL...thanks for the info.

Comment

Roger gotcha. And yes sir I agree anything to a pigs ear is acceptable. LOL...thanks for the info.

No problem bud!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I like Hornady SSTs as well. Don’t have much experience with mine yet but i haven’t had to track a pig. All were DRT with none being headshots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I also have 18” Grendel hunter. Mine doesn’t like the SST although I agree with it as a hunting bullet.

I’ll shoot Black ELDM at deer and if I need something w more assurance I go Federal Fusion.

And this was a Fusion in the ear on a 250#+or- boar

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                  I also have 18” Grendel hunter. Mine doesn’t like the SST although I agree with it as a hunting bullet.

I’ll shoot Black ELDM at deer and if I need something w more assurance I go Federal Fusion.

And this was a Fusion in the ear on a 250#+or- boar

I shoot the 150gr Fusions in my 270 and they are nasty. I have not seen them on the shelf for the Grendel yet though.

Comment

Not the greatest pictures but this one is mine. Seekins upper, lower, hand guard, cmc flat 3.5 lb. trigger, 18" shilen barrel, jp silent capture spring topped with a leupold vx5hd. Shot the 123 sst then swapped to the hornady black cause it shoots better or of this gun. Shot this buck right behind the shoulder this year with the hornady black and it dropped. Love it and is pretty much my go to gun now days.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I hated the SST's. Just my two cents.

Comment

I shoot the 150gr Fusions in my 270 and they are nasty. I have not seen them on the shelf for the Grendel yet though.
                        Academy used to carry now seems to be getting more scarce.

Here is a place that i have bought it before

6.5 Grendel RIFLE Ammunition for Sale. We sell ammunition by the box and bulk ammo in case quantities. We have V-MAX, Polymer Tip and Soft Point bullets for Hunting, Varmint and Small Game Hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                          Academy used to carry now seems to be getting more scarce.

Here is a place that i have bought it before

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/rifle...By=8&mode=list

Thanks. Of course my luck it’s out of stock. I’ll keep checking on it. Appreciate it.

Comment

I shoot hornady match 123 grain. 2 weeks ago I was banging a 15” gong at 700 yards. Scope is a bushnell. Cant think of the exact model but it’s 6x18.

Comment

Here is my 20” Grendel Hunter 6.5. I have the Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 on it. It’s been a great rifle. Killed lots of critters including pigs and a mule deer out to 285 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got an 18” grendel with Odin barrel. Shoot hornady black and federal gold medal 130 gr great. Shot a 150lb pig at about 180 yards a few weeks ago with the federal. Right behind shoulder and fell right there.

Comment

Working...
                                X