Shnf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shnf

Hey guys, I'll be hunting the SHNF this year, and I can't understand how people are saying to hike 3-4 miles when from what I can tell you can't go more than 1-2 if the key is accurate on the map without hitting some kind of road. On another note, was wondering what the hunting pressure was like on the NW corner of the archery only area on the lake, or the finger of the lake west of Stubblefield Rd. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Bwhntr31 View Post
    Hey guys, I'll be hunting the SHNF this year, and I can't understand how people are saying to hike 3-4 miles when from what I can tell you can't go more than 1-2 if the key is accurate on the map without hitting some kind of road. On another note, was wondering what the hunting pressure was like on the NW corner of the archery only area on the lake, or the finger of the lake west of Stubblefield Rd. Any help would be appreciated.

Let's just say...I don't hunt it anymore and I live in Willis

way too many people. I walked in a loooonng ways and on opening morning there were already 2 people there. Of course they didn't let me know they were there until after it got daylight. That was 2 years ago and haven't been back since. That little finger you are talking about has a lot of road traffic.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Didn't figure I'd get much response. I'm hoping to get in there for the archery season. Not planning on going near the NF from November till the middle of Dec. I've done the rifle season thing on public land and I'll never do it again!

Comment

Originally posted by Bwhntr31 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Didn't figure I'd get much response. I'm hoping to get in there for the archery season. Not planning on going near the NF from November till the middle of Dec. I've done the rifle season thing on public land and I'll never do it again!

I love hunting public land. do most of my hunting in the nat forest, just not sam houston

Comment

Grew up hunting Crockett with dad, just wanted to try a little closer. Sabine has some awsome hunting! Just don't have time to scout like I need to.

Comment

Working...
          X