No announcement yet.

Discount Tire customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read some DT horror stories but they've always gone way above and beyond any time I've gone there - and that goes for probably a dozen locations over several states. Had to stop in there once on a long road trip when moving and they were incredible about getting us back on the road quickly and at minimal expense.

Comment

They damaged my wife’s Lexus and tried to hide it. Cost them $1100

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Only fools don't do business with DT.....or that's what I've been told ymmv
        I'm a fool.

Couple of bad experiences with them and I'm done. Have a local shop that does me right.

Comment

I only use DT. Our local store is awesome. They know my wife and I by name and treat us exactly as you want to be treated as a customer.

The only issue I’ve had with DT was at another store in Houston area that wouldn’t put a larger size tire on my truck than what came stock. I went to my local store and they were happy to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use them.................

Comment

Only bad experience I ever had there was when a kid twisted a fake plastic lug nut off my hub cap with an impact wrench. Manager said he would order me a new one, but every time I stopped back by he said he couldn't find the same one. I finally just got one myself.

I still buy my tires there, and they have made up for that poor service many times over.

Comment

I buy everything from them. Ain’t the cheapest but they take care of you. Heck they just told my wife she didn’t need new tires went I told her to just buy some new ones when she got a flat. That’s good customer service if I ever heard of it.

Comment

Some don't seem to understand different stores have different service ours seems to be good.

Comment

Won't buy from anyone else. The comment about different stores is spot on, but the culprit is usually the manager and how he conveys customer service to his staff. Our local DT has never failed me over many years. The GM and I are shooting friends and yeah, I name drop every time I go in. The "ONLY" thing I don't like is if you have a tire 10+ years old they can't even check the air on it? It's a company policy due to yep, the lawyers and potential liability. When the GM explained their company policy over lunch one day, it answered my questions since the Son's and I have several trailers with older tires. Anyway, my go to store for tires.

Comment

After my recent issues at discount tire I told them I would never spend another dollar with them and I would tell everyone I know I would encourage them not to do the same.

Short story long, they broke a TPMS sensor while swapping a set of tires. No big deal. They put one of their sensors in there and said it would pair up when I drive on it. Well I drive an hour and a half home and it still didn’t sync to truck. I take it to local discount and they say they got it to set to truck. Well it did but my light would go on and off about every mile. Then they agree to pay for an OEM sensor so I go to dealer and pick one up and take it back over there. There were two OEM sensors and the dealer gave me the one I got based off vin. When I get there they tell me it’s wrong after making an appt and spending over an hour waiting. I go back to dealer 1.5 hr away and swap it out for the other type and make another appt to get it out in. Spend another hr and they break that one putting it in. At this point I’m getting hot. I made them take out another sensor so I could get a part number off and it was the original part number the dealer gave me that they said wouldn’t work the first time. They agree to pay for another OEM and that I can get it done at a local Discount Tire but only this shop can reimburse me. I take it to local shop and they installed a broken sensor that was sitting in my cup holder not the one I gave them. I go back up there and they finally get the right one put it. After 6 trips and wasting countless hours of my time it got fixed.

Then I decided to trade a guy in dfw my set of wheels for his just last week. I’m near Longview so and he was in Ft. Worth so the only place that made sense to meet was Discount Tire in Terrell. I tell them to watch my sensors and be careful. Well I go to leave and the guy hands me my keys and there’s a broken sensor in the bag. He never said a word until I asked about it. He says they put one of theirs in it but it’s good to go. I laughed and told him he’d hear from me again. Well I drove an hour before the service TPMS light came on. Give them a call and told him I’m not wasting anymore of their time or mine but they need to pay for an OEM sensor. He agrees but said it can’t be an issue with their sensor. They do it all the time. So I did get it fixed a few days later and a buddy stopped by to get my reimbursement for sensor but all in all it took me 9 trips to get 2 sets of tires installed. They did ultimately make it right by doing what I asked but each visit I had to wait over an hour even with appointments. I’ll take my business and chances elsewhere. They are incompetent. RANT OVER.

Comment

Really like the Georgetown Discount Tire.
                        Always great service.
                        I've also been the recipient of free services from them: they put a tire on my shredder wheel knowing it was an old tire and for a shredder. The manager would not let me pay.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDucks View Post
                          After my recent issues at discount tire I told them I would never spend another dollar with them and I would tell everyone I know I would encourage them not to do the same.

Short story long, they broke a TPMS sensor while swapping a set of tires. No big deal. They put one of their sensors in there and said it would pair up when I drive on it. Well I drive an hour and a half home and it still didn’t sync to truck. I take it to local discount and they say they got it to set to truck. Well it did but my light would go on and off about every mile. Then they agree to pay for an OEM sensor so I go to dealer and pick one up and take it back over there. There were two OEM sensors and the dealer gave me the one I got based off vin. When I get there they tell me it’s wrong after making an appt and spending over an hour waiting. I go back to dealer 1.5 hr away and swap it out for the other type and make another appt to get it out in. Spend another hr and they break that one putting it in. At this point I’m getting hot. I made them take out another sensor so I could get a part number off and it was the original part number the dealer gave me that they said wouldn’t work the first time. They agree to pay for another OEM and that I can get it done at a local Discount Tire but only this shop can reimburse me. I take it to local shop and they installed a broken sensor that was sitting in my cup holder not the one I gave them. I go back up there and they finally get the right one put it. After 6 trips and wasting countless hours of my time it got fixed.

Then I decided to trade a guy in dfw my set of wheels for his just last week. I’m near Longview so and he was in Ft. Worth so the only place that made sense to meet was Discount Tire in Terrell. I tell them to watch my sensors and be careful. Well I go to leave and the guy hands me my keys and there’s a broken sensor in the bag. He never said a word until I asked about it. He says they put one of theirs in it but it’s good to go. I laughed and told him he’d hear from me again. Well I drove an hour before the service TPMS light came on. Give them a call and told him I’m not wasting anymore of their time or mine but they need to pay for an OEM sensor. He agrees but said it can’t be an issue with their sensor. They do it all the time. So I did get it fixed a few days later and a buddy stopped by to get my reimbursement for sensor but all in all it took me 9 trips to get 2 sets of tires installed. They did ultimately make it right by doing what I asked but each visit I had to wait over an hour even with appointments. I’ll take my business and chances elsewhere. They are incompetent. RANT OVER.

That really sucks, and is strange. Half of my sensors are from DT and they synced up fine with my Duramax.

Comment

I think very highly of Discount Tire.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDucks View Post

Strange....what kind of vehicle?

Comment

I sure wish a tire rotation did not take an hour and a half minimum.

Comment

Working...
                                X