Duck Pond Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck Pond Help

I have a 2 ponds on my property and im trying to attract more ducks in the morning to feed. They use one of my ponds for roosting and I get over 200 wood ducks most nights during the season roosting in the big pond. I have a shallower smaller pond and trying to figure out ways to get ducks to land in that pond to feed. For some reason they never land on it. I threw some rice out this year to see if it grows in the shallows. The orange circle is the pond im trying to attract them to. Anyone have any other ideas?
    Attached Files

Throw out lots of milo. They will come.

Comment

Joe, Turner Seed Co. has a waterfowl specific food plot mix. Adding a pond fertilizer might be an alternative to help beef up the ponds natural production of native plants, insects and arthropods. Might also be a lack of cover compared to the other pond that makes them feel vulnerable during daylight hours.

Comment

I personally would not want to touch where the ducks roost now. All too often people screw a good thing up by trying to help it.

I would personally see if you can get assistance from DU or someone like that to expand the pond that you have the yellow notes on.

Comment

Corn, Corn and more Corn. Let them eat It all up, and they'll be used to coming and checking the place out. Don't hunt over it until they eat it all up.

Comment

Working...
          X