No announcement yet.

Simone Biles mental issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

she's out of the individual...will be fun watching the alternate.

Jade Carey will step into the biggest role of her gymnastics career when she participates in the Tokyo Olympics all-around competition on Thursday in place of Simone Biles.

Comment

I got my tinfoil hat on, I say Russia has nude/sex tape iphone photos or video of her

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        she's out of the individual...will be fun watching the alternate.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jade-...pic-gymnastics

Good maybe the others can shine and become the new gymnastics darling.

Comment

I'm with Artos on this.It's a bizarre Olympics.I wouldn't blame anyone for pulling out of that mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
            I'm with Artos on this.It's a bizarre Olympics.I wouldn't blame anyone for pulling out of that mess.
            deciding not to go, and quitting during the team comp are two completely different things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
              deciding not to go, and quitting during the team comp are two completely different things.
              ^^^ this, and if some folks can't distinguish that for themselves, they must have a "mental disorder"

Comment

Bottom line----she quit

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                  I’m not gonna judge....but curious how many on this thread can even do a cartwheel
                  I can. And a **** good one, too.

Comment

I was always taught, doesn’t matter if you’re the greatest of all time or the worst… you never give up. Do your best and that’s all people can ask for.

She didn’t do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                      Sorry but if there is a judge involved, I'm out. Gymnastics, iceskating and beauty pageants are not sports or competitions to me. When opinions are involved, and the winner is determined by that, it's subjective. I'm not saying that the participants are not super athletic and are not great to watch, but it's just not worthy of the Olympics, IMO.
                      An interesting perspective, and one I’m not sure I agree with. But you given me something to think about, nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                        totally agree...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Comparing men and women who have been in combat on behalf of their country, and are fighting the actual demons associated with that.....to a priveleged 23 year old who quit on her team at gymnastics?
                          As the daughter of a combat veteran and a former gymnast myself, thank for putting things in perspective. Your response is spot on.

As a gymnast, I never dodged bullets or mortar fire, never crawled through a jungle fearing my enemy was going to appear at any moment, never witnessed the bloody carnage associated with ground combat, and never, ever have I watched someone I know die right next to me.

Although I did break my fifth metatarsal once on the vault. Hurt like he!!.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                            I sure hope some of y'all never fall off of those tall horse's.
                            I have, many times.

Each time I did, my parents (especially my dad) made me get right back up there and finish the ride. Fear was not allowed in my house when I was growing up, and it was NEVER allowed to be used as an excuse to avoid an obligation or quit what was started.

To this day, I am grateful for their “tough love.”

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                              Some of your posts are said in the best way. You have a WAY better handle on explaining stuff than most….kudos!
                              You, sir, are making me blush. Thank you for the compliment.

Comment

I feel different than a lot of you guys on this one.

Someone posted this morning on Facebook about Kerri Strug and reading it gave me the chills. The poster challenged everyone to go back and watch the video of her performance and see how she was hurt and her coach pushed her to complete the jump anyway.... even though we were gonna win gold no matter what. That decision meant that young girls career ended at 18 while the coach got to continue training new girls and being considered one of the best in his profession.

The video of her is cringe worthy. No way would a NFL coach or MLB coach tell his 22 year old star athlete to basically end their career so he could win a ring, he was already going to win, in a blowout game. Wouldn't happen.... not today anyway. Too much money on the line in professional sports but that's not the case for 99% of the Olympic athletes.

Mental health is no joke. Simone having mental health issues means she needs to take care of herself. That should be the end of discussion. I've done push ups for my friends who have come back from the war to raise awareness and I have family members who suffer with depression. It's not a little thing. They aren't weak.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X