No announcement yet.

Help with Homestead Site Planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just posted the FEMA Map showing grade lines as well as a first draft at a site plan.

Blue represents the large pond and waterway that brings water to the pond.

Orange represents workshop and man cave. Red is an area for the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
      Ive got an acre with a smaller house(3500 sq ft) 3 car garage, swimming pool, and 55x70 shop.

Our pool house is going to be up against the house to keep it from being too cluttered. Bathroom, shower, small storage area. Ill get it done before next summer.

What he listed will be closer to 1.5 million or more if I had to guess.
      I am fully aware of the costs associated with this project - which is one of the main reasons I am putting so much thought into the layout. I own a Commercial Construction Company and will be managing the work myself.

The land being no cost really frees up some capital to build an awesome place.

Comment

Main house has 20" thick exterior walls.
        ICF's
        3"foam 8" concrete 3" foam, topped with 5" limestone.
        Geothermal
        Swimming pool, hot tub both use icf construction, retractable cover on pool.
        Walkout basement
        Kids playhouse
        Fenced backyard, playground, basketball.
        Complete kitchen, bar, entertainment room in basement.
        Pool gated and locked for safety.. controlled access.
        Attached Files

Comment

WOW! , ready to follow along.. Zmaxhunter, very impressive..

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
            I am fully aware of the costs associated with this project - which is one of the main reasons I am putting so much thought into the layout. I own a Commercial Construction Company and will be managing the work myself.

Taylor! That's where I'm from! Where abouts is this bulid?

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post

I'm sure it isn't a major concern for you but make sure you look into property taxes and what your going to be looking at for insurance purposes as well. You may be able to reduce your long term costs if you design/build things certain ways.

Comment

Originally posted by KoonceCrushed View Post
                Taylor! That's where I'm from! Where abouts is this bulid?

It’s actually just south of granger. Taylor is growing too much for me!

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                  I'm sure it isn't a major concern for you but make sure you look into property taxes and what your going to be looking at for insurance purposes as well. You may be able to reduce your long term costs if you design/build things certain ways.
                  I hadn't thought about that - good point.

Comment

Working...
                  X