X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, in for the progress.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I flipped my rock crawler buggy end over end. I bent the frame, roll cage and busted several welds. I have been working on it and trying to get everything straight, adding gussets and welding everything back out. Its the first time I have used a portapower. I am not sure how I made this far in life without using one. That should be a must have for anyone having a hobby involving 4x4's etc. I will be getting back the hauler in a few weeks, probably after Memorial Day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
        I flipped my rock crawler buggy end over end. I bent the frame, roll cage and busted several welds. I have been working on it and trying to get everything straight, adding gussets and welding everything back out. Its the first time I have used a portapower. I am not sure how I made this far in life without using one. That should be a must have for anyone having a hobby involving 4x4's etc. I will be getting back the hauler in a few weeks, probably after Memorial Day weekend.
        Man, Memorial Day is a loooong time away! Good luck.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

I like your style

Comment

I saw something similar to that @ the Gainesville QT a few weeks ago but the whole rig was about 30 years older and not nearly as shiny.

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
              something like this picture I grabbed off the interweb.

They're pretty darn cool, and extremely functional for someone that will put one to use.
              Attached Files

Comment

I hope to get back to this project soon. Call me a little to enthusiastic or maybe a sissy as the summer heat put the brakes on it right quick. The older I get the more I forget what I can tolerate. It was the transition from manual labor to management/office work that really made me a sissy to the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                  I hope to get back to this project soon. Call me a little to enthusiastic or maybe a sissy as the summer heat put the brakes on it right quick. The older I get the more I forget what I can tolerate. It was the transition from manual labor to management/office work that really made me a sissy to the heat.

It’s not just you. I know quit a few people that go through the same thing. The heat used to never bother me till I had a few cases of heat exhaustion in a row. Now I can’t do much before I’m done for the day. Once the weather cools down though I’m good.

Comment

In for this!

I completely understand about projects getting in the way of projects, I took a break from my Scrambler LS frame off to rebuild the airboat and having trouble getting airboat done because of all the little projects

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      In for this!

I completely understand about projects getting in the way of projects, I took a break from my Scrambler LS frame off to rebuild the airboat and having trouble getting airboat done because of all the little projects
                      I remember the post on the Scrambler. It was looking sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                        It’s not just you. I know quit a few people that go through the same thing. The heat used to never bother me till I had a few cases of heat exhaustion in a row. Now I can’t do much before I’m done for the day. Once the weather cools down though I’m good.
                        A few years ago I was building a shelter for a new water well. I had the post’s set and form built. I was getting stuff ready to mix concrete and next thing I knew I woke up with my dog licking my face. It was August and hot, I was at ranch alone and no clue how long I was out. I made it back to the camper and crashed out. Next morning was like a tequila hangover. After that it seemed like the heat really got me easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                          something like this picture I grabbed off the interweb.

They're pretty darn cool, and extremely functional for someone that will put one to use.
                          Oh man that’s cool. I’m looking into renovating a 89 Chevy Van. Id really like to buy a Tacoma and take it out to a sand dune

Comment

Checking in for updates. Looks like an awesome project!

Comment

Working...
                            X