1978 c10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
    Thought I had posted this already. I have an extra set of back wheels you can use to test fit if needed sir

Thank you sir. I’ll let you know if I need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice truck! I have an 81 square body
      I used garantee carburetors out of Florida they sent me an exact swap carburetor and it needed no tuning whatsoever... and was cheap

Comment

Still just throwing money at it with no progress. A/C vents, parking and fog lights, plus a battery tray ordered from LMC along with a new original style grill.

Comment

Cool! My first truck was a 1974 GMC Sierra Classic long bed just like that. Kinda Army green with white in the middle and white cab. 454. It had about 500K miles on it by the time I started driving it in 1980 working on the farm. Granddad bought it new, and then it was passed down to 3 or 4 hired hands before me. I was proud to drive it though.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
            Still just throwing money at it with no progress. A/C vents, parking and fog lights, plus a battery tray ordered from LMC along with a new original style grill.

You might try this place. Not too far from you.
            We specialize in 1960 to 1987 Chevrolet C-10/GMC Truck Restoration Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
              You might try this place. Not too far from you.
              https://outbacktruckparts.com
              Thanks. I have been there and will shop there again. Right now it's worth the upcharge to have items sitting on my doorstep, but I appreciate the recommendation.

Comment

I had a new 3/4 ton in 1978. They are great trucks. But drink lots of gas.

Comment

Saw these on a craigslist truck and fell in love. Happened to be a set on facebook marketplace very close to me, off of the same body style so I know they will work perfect. Should pick them up tonight. Figured it was meant to be.

Comment

Need a polish but in great shape just dusty

Comment

Very nice

Comment

No good updates, but planning on carving out some time this weekend to work on it a bit. I bit the bullet and ordered a dash and door panels from USA1 along with some other trim bits. Leaning toward a 4/6 static drop but not 100% set yet.

Comment

Still waiting on interior parts, got an email that door panels are delayed another 60-90. Found a sniper efi system on FB marketplace so that will make tuning easier. Tried replacing the fuel tank over the weekend but the tank straps I ordered didn't work so I ordered again.

Comment

Looks fun!

Comment

Bolted the wheels up needed to roll her out of the way for the day

Comment

Yep, those go with that truck

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X