Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite hunting influencer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephenc View Post
    Wow… 2 pages and not 1 mention of Cam Hanes.
    Because he’s a tool box

Comment

My influences started as a kid. My granddads both died when I was very young so I had very little time or ability to learn from them. Dad owned his own Gun Store and worked 6days a week and wasn’t big on taking time off. Hunting season was our busy time of year and no way he would let us take time off for more than a day or so. He was an influencer though in that he started me off right gave me my first deer rifle (30.06 Winchester M70) and my first hunting handgun (.44mag superblackhawk ) both of which I still use today. I wish we would have been closer and had a chance to share this passion. Now that he is in his 80’s he lives through my hunting stories so at least we have that talk/laugh about. Second influencer was Bill Bryant (7th grade teacher/customer of Dad’s) took me hunting every year at his lease in Mason, taught my hunter safety course, how to reload, how to clean deer, how to interact at deer camp. He died suddenly 20+years ago and I always think about him while sitting in the stand and wonder how it would have been….He was an awesome guy. Last would be 8pointer (Zach), a few other guys from tbh, and our current and former lease buddies. Zach and I have been hunting since 2013/14 and It’s been a an absolute blast! Hunting, Talking hunting, learning new things, lease work trips, our successes and failures are what drive me today. I don’t think you get all this from a TV personality.

Comment

As a kid in the 70's I was allowed to buy subscriptions to Outdoor Life, Field and Stream and Sports Afield magazines by weeding our garden, extra mowing etc... to pay for them.
        I would read every word on every page cover to cover and dream of the hunts and adventures and soak up the knowledge of the men who wrote for them. I loved reading and learning all I could. Got my first bb gun at 7 and never quit having adventures in the woods and fields here 50 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
          Because he’s a tool box
          x2

Comment

Who is your favorite hunting influencer?

Originally posted by TXBuck74 View Post
            My influences started as a kid. My granddads both died when I was very young so I had very little time or ability to learn from them. Dad owned his own Gun Store and worked 6days a week and wasn’t big on taking time off. Hunting season was our busy time of year and no way he would let us take time off for more than a day or so. He was an influencer though in that he started me off right gave me my first deer rifle (30.06 Winchester M70) and my first hunting handgun (.44mag superblackhawk ) both of which I still use today. I wish we would have been closer and had a chance to share this passion. Now that he is in his 80’s he lives through my hunting stories so at least we have that talk/laugh about. Second influencer was Bill Bryant (7th grade teacher/customer of Dad’s) took me hunting every year at his lease in Mason, taught my hunter safety course, how to reload, how to clean deer, how to interact at deer camp. He died suddenly 20+years ago and I always think about him while sitting in the stand and wonder how it would have been….He was an awesome guy. Last would be 8pointer (Zach), a few other guys from tbh, and our current and former lease buddies. Zach and I have been hunting since 2013/14 and It’s been a an absolute blast! Hunting, Talking hunting, learning new things, lease work trips, our successes and failures are what drive me today. I don’t think you get all this from a TV personality.

What you talkin bout Buck? Zach/8pointer is a celebrity personality .[emoji41][emoji51][emoji23]

Comment

My Pop is the man…introduced me to the outdoors from the cradle, mostly fishing and squirrel / rabbit hunting with .22s. Lots of days in the woods…caught a ton of fish, and shot untold boxes of shells at tin cans and small game. Got into deer hunting from this experience…in middle school we lived on a place that backed up to the Mark Twain Nat’l Forest in SE Mo…squirrel hunting one time, sitting backed up into a fallen tree, I had two does and a 6pt walk by almost at arm’s length…one of my favorite hunting memories. Shot my first deer from that spot two seasons later.

I like Steve Rinella’s approach to hunting trips…really liked the one where he did a canoeing trip, bowfished a couple of gar for dinner. My pop and I did a bunch of overnight / weekend float trips, eating fish and squirrels we shot along the way. Rinella’s butchering and meat prep segments are informative, and I’ve tried several of his seasoning and cooking routines.

Pigman is entertaining, but can get a bit over the top at times. Seems like a lot of the shows are more about “look at me and all my expensive stuff and all the exclusive places I get to hunt”…I have no interest in watching that attitude…but I guess there’s enough Kardashian watchers out there to make those kind of shows successful.

Comment

My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Outside of my dad and older brother, the biggest earthly influencer in my hunting desire and even fishing, is this Green Screen right here. Right now, if I have a question or want to do research on a place or technique or a specific target species, I start at www.texasbowhunter.com/forums period. I can almost always be guided in a good direction if I start here. Though lately it's getting more difficult with bein' "Woke" and all... It's still the best place to learn about any hunting related subject.
                  Well said Charlie, very well said my friend...

tending the fire,
                  Bob G.

Comment

My grandfather was my hunting hero

Comment

My grandfather and dad got me involved in the outdoors, so you could say they were my influencers. The Realtree crew (Waddell, Jordan, et all) kept me hooked every year with their videos. But the most genuine and true hunter as far as hunting show personalities go, I think Roger Raglin is the most fun, entertaining, and wholesome one out there

Comment

My dad was a fisherman who taught me a lot about fishing and not about hunting as a young person, but growing up in many states and countries, I learned a lot on my own. My son ,brother-in-law and grandson have been great hunting partners for many years of hunting. BNL in gone but son, grandson, and I still hunt together and cherish our time together.

Comment

My Grandfather and myself for wild game.

Only commercial yahoo’s would be Gene and Barry Wensel

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                            What the hell is a hunting infuencer?
                            I get it, its almost like a gun rag writer…too funny !

Comment

Not a big tv hunting show fan. Fred Bear, Glen St. Charles, Jim Daugherty to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                                This is kind of a odd question. I would say I have respect for Fred Bear, and Elmer Keith, both of them were pretty interesting guys, who did a lot for their chosen sport.

I would say Steve Rinella, is a interesting person, in some aspects, odd in others. I respect some of what he has done, but he keeps doing things that make me wonder about his sexual preference. At times, such as when he gets into cooking, he shows way too much of a feminine side. But when hunting, that's not so obvious. I think they should leave out his cooking from the show. When he gets into preparing, cooking and eating something, it just kills the whole show for me. Definitely some of the episodes much more so than others.

The only person I would say may have influenced me, is Bob Milek. Because of him, I got into handgun hunting and my favorite critters to hunt are mule deer and elk. So he could be considered an influencer.

How businesses could be considered a influencer, I don't have a clue. Looks more like a list of sponsors. If number 16 is your influencer, well, I know we won't ever hunt together.
                                Oh my... How did we miss this gem of a post. Dude... if you don't enjoy prepping, cooking and eating your own **** food and consider that "feminine" then you should just hang up your bow and sell your ammo. Thats the stupidest comment Ive read on TBH in a while outside of the political threads. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X