hill country ticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hill country ticks?

is it just our ranch that has them bad this year?

Been bad in ETX this year. We have all had more ticks on us already in the first few months then we have all year in the past. And we really haven't been doing much fence building or chasing cows down in the bottomn and woods where they are usually really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
      Been bad in ETX this year. We have all had more ticks on us already in the first few months then we have all year in the past. And we really haven't been doing much fence building or chasing cows down in the bottomn and woods where they are usually really bad.

Same thing where I am around Houston county.

I also have yet to see a single lizard.

Comment

I personally haven’t noticed them any more than any other year and I’m in the hill country and stomp around here quite a bit.

Comment

Ticks not too bad. Chiggers are terrible! Hate them.

Comment

Chiggers and ticks bad up around Rocksprings.

Not so much near Freer, even though the grass is way higher.

Comment

It is interesting that some folks, every year, say we need a good freeze to kill the ticks, mosquitoes, etc. With the big freeze in February, we are inundated with ticks. Hopefully people will learn that frees do not kill ticks...or mosquitoes!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                It is interesting that some folks, every year, say we need a good freeze to kill the ticks, mosquitoes, etc. With the big freeze in February, we are inundated with ticks. Hopefully people will learn that frees do not kill ticks...or mosquitoes!
                An interesting point. One which had not occurred to me until you pointed it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
                  Ticks not too bad. Chiggers are terrible! Hate them.
                  Same here in Brown County

Comment

Chiggers lit me up bad a couple weeks ago out at our place

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                      Chiggers and ticks bad up around Rocksprings.

Not so much near Freer, even though the grass is way higher.
                      I was in Mountain Home and the chiggers found me... Is there a worse insect on the planet?

Comment

I didn't have any ticks or chiggers last year, but the chiggers and mosquitos are a nightmare this year.

Comment

Ticks were bad a few weeks ago in Eldorado.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Yep was thinking about that the other day. IF anything i would say they are worse all the way around. The Nats and Flies are terrible this year as well.

Comment

I took my 5yr old to the ranch the other day and we were getting ticks off each other the whole time!!! He would be like, whoa theres another one on your back daddy!!

Comment

Working...
                              X