No announcement yet.

.22 Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my opinion is that bolt or semi autos are better for first guns. having to de-cock the hammer is tough on new shooters when they decide not to take a shot.

Comment

He's been shooting a single shot pump open sight bolt .22 pellet gun for 2 years. Lever is what he wants and he's ready for. His gun safety habits are flawless.

Haven't found a clean and reasonable 9422 like mine (45 yrs). Trying to decide if the BLR is $200 more gun than the Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
        He's been shooting a single shot pump open sight bolt .22 pellet gun for 2 years. Lever is what he wants and he's ready for. His gun safety habits are flawless.

Haven't found a clean and reasonable 9422 like mine (45 yrs). Trying to decide if the BLR is $200 more gun than the Henry.
        I think you on right trac...I not a fan of Semi auto anything...Teaches them BAD HABITS..Learn to make first shot count...and then step up to semi afew years down road if wana

Comment

The 9422 is worth the money. Balance, fit, and finish makes it desirable.
          The Marlin 39 is decent. More wood than necessary. Rattling forends are common on older models.
          The Henry is made in the USA but looks like it was made in China.
          Last edited by M16; 06-05-2021, 09:07 AM.

Comment

What is your budget for a clean 9422?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Browning BL22 is a very nice gun too. The lever is different though.

Comment

I think the BLR is worth $200 more than a Henry

Comment

My experience with Henry in general has left much to be desired. I had an Evil Roy that was a hunk of junk. Not to say they don’t work but they are equal in manufacturing to heritage rough riders except way overpriced.

There is no substitute for a 9422 except maybe a Browning. No doubt I’d lay the extra $$ down for the Browning.

I never liked a Marlin 39 I’ve owned

I’d just buy a regular ole Ruger 10/22 if you don’t wanna spend much
                  Last edited by Johnny44; 06-06-2021, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    Browning BL22 is a very nice gun too. The lever is different though.
                    I have one from my childhood. They came out a few years ahead of the Winchester and are still being made today. That speaks volumes. The lever only opens to about 30 degrees making it very fast and comfortable to cycle.

Comment

I'd hold out for a 9422.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                        I'd hold out for a 9422.
                        I would too, I have been for a while. I had one, probably the best overall 22 LR I have ever owned. That thing was a great gun. I have had a couple of 22s that were more accurate, but they were not lever guns, they were expensive bolt actions. For a lever action, they are quite accurate, and extremely reliable.

Comment

Cant go wrong with a Winchester XTP or Marlin lever 22.

Comment

i have a marlin 1897 texan that is pretty awesome . basically a 39a with octagon barrel and fancier wood and straight stock.
                            i added williams peep sights on it and it shoots great on nra steel pigs to 150 yards.
                            my eyes are getting worse however and i might sell it in the near future.

my cz 452 silhouette is my favorite throw around rifle , it shoots ragged 1 hole groups at 50 with eley subs. just ordered a 25 moa base so i can get it to 200 and 300 ..

my favorite of all time 22lr is my krico 340 silhouette ... but that's a unicorn , you won't find one. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ighlight=krico
                            buddy of mine just got a tikka t3 22lr ... we shot them as a little friendly competition last weekend ... barricade rifle match , tikka did well to 300 yards .. 19.5 mil to get there but he was able to connect on 12x12 sheet of steel without a single miss ... good enough in my book .

my ruger 10/22 franken gun made it to 400 on steel prone using cci mini mag , but i had pretty bad vertical dispersion and could only connect 50% ... subs didn't even make the cut at 400 ...

Comment

Its to bad Ruger stopped making the 96/22. This was the first gun I ever bought when i was probably 12 years old. I have several tube fed lever actions and nothing ruins the hunt like loosing your tube plunger.

Comment

I’ve had both, I prefer the Henry evidently, because I still have it. He won’t be disappointed. Unfortunately, the Winchester name doesn’t mean as much as it used to.

Comment

Working...
                                X