Best heavy duty equipment trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best heavy duty equipment trailer

I’m looking to get a 20’ HD utility trailer to haul my tractor on when I don’t feel like getting my gooseneck or when I need to get somewhere in tighter places.

I’m looking at a TopHat Heavy Hauler 14k

Anybody have any first hand experience with heavy utility trailers? Or any recommendations

This is the one I’m looking at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Top Hat is ok. Would probably be fine if you want a basic 14k bumper pull. Delco makes a 22' bumper pull with monster ramps, dove tail and removable side rails. That would be my suggestion. Top Hat is more of an economical minded trailer. They just use standard paint. Delco and the other top manufactures powder coat their trailers.
      Last edited by Arrowthreat; 05-11-2021, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Temples trailer sales, Sulphur Springs. HD, not powder coated, just paint, but very well built. Been in business since ‘68 I believe. Good Huntin and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Saw a great looking trailer at my mechanic's shop the other day he was doing some add-ons too. It was an R&D trailer out of Mexia Tx. He was impressed with its build and I was also.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
            Top Hat is ok. Would probably be fine if you want a basic 14k bumper pull. Delco makes a 22' bumper pull with monster ramps, dove tail and removable side rails. That would be my suggestion. Top Hat is more of an economical minded trailer. They just use standard paint. Delco and the other top manufactures powder coat their trailers.

What brands offer powder coat?

Comment

We’ve got a 14k 20+2’ Load trail bumper pull that we haul a skid steer with. We’ve been plenty happy with it. I’d recommend getting one without the side rails if it’s going to mainly be used for hauling equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
                What brands offer powder coat?

Load max, Delco, PJ, and Diamond C to name a few.

Comment

The HDT 20' tilt trailer from Diamond C has been awesome for us. Makes it really easy to load/unload equipment. Made in Texas too.

Comment

Diamond C is top of the line when it comes to heavy duty

Comment

Should have said heavy duty utility trailer instead of equipment. The TopHat fit the bill for what I needed and was priced right

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                        Diamond C is top of the line when it comes to heavy duty

You’re right and it comes with a price

Comment

Comment

That’s about like a Ford verses Chevy question, I’ve had great luck with Load Trails and PJ’s up until recently myself. I currently have 5 different brands and I’m not interested in throwing anyone under the bus but I have another Load Trail on order now so until proven otherwise this is my go to brand. I will say the decking on my last 2 PJ’s has been trash with them rotting out inside of 2 years time. The rest were simply cheaper trailers that don’t hold up very well. I saved money on the original purchasing price but I’ve more than lost the difference in repairs from cheap tires that blew out very quickly to broken frames. Buy once and cry once, you will find the weak points on the cheaper trailers eventually I can promise you.

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post

Looks good man.

Comment

Working...
                              X