Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital super combo license. Yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital super combo license. Yay or nay?

Just saw that the TPWD is going to offer a digital super combo option this year.
    You’d essentially use the harvest reporting app, it’s kicks you back a number and you would attach that to the harvested animal.

It explains what to do if you lack service also.
    Part of me wants to like it, but I’m iffy on it.

Curious to see what the green screens take is on this.

I won’t mind the digital option, but I still want the paper license

Comment

If they go all digital how can I go to Academy and get a re-print after I use all my tag...... I mean lose my wallet.

Comment

My first concern would be using the app with no phone service. How do you get the number to attach before you move the animal?

Comment

It sounds neat but since I'd have to still attach something to the animal I might as well attach the durable tag that I get with a "paper" license.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
            My first concern would be using the app with no phone service. How do you get the number to attach before you move the animal?
            The way it explains is You’d basically write down the normal tag info and attach. Once you get service then you report.

Comment

yay

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                It sounds neat but since I'd have to still attach something to the animal I might as well attach the durable tag that I get with a "paper" license.
                Sorta the one big kicker that made me go, well then what’s the point?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                  The way it explains is You’d basically write down the normal tag info and attach. Once you get service then you report.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    If they go all digital how can I go to Academy and get a re-print after I use all my tag...... I mean lose my wallet.
                    Lol one of my first thoughts. Maybe that’s their intentions

Comment

Ain't happening for me. I'll stick with the paper tags. I'm not giving them access to my phone with their app either.

Comment

A BIG Nay.

Comment

I honestly prefer the paper, although the option to link the license to the harvest app is nice.

Comment

If it's like Oklahoma, it is an easy way to do things and you don't have to worry about physically having your license if you change hunting bags, leave your wallet, etc... I may try it out this year.

Comment

My flip-phone says No!

I make/receive calls on my phone (minor txt'g).

I compute on my computer.

I put tags on animals with paper.

Still wish I could get a paper outdoor annual.

Comment

Working...
                              X