Woodstock 99 Documentary - Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodstock 99 Documentary - Netflix

Watched this last night. I was 16 at the time and a buddy and I tried to figure out any way to get there. Was never gonna happen.

I remember it went off the rails at some point, but had no idea the level it got to. Had some segments about Korn and Limp Bizkit and the crowd reactions to their performances. Still think Korn doing Blind is one of the craziest concert scenes ever.

Fair warning there is some modern day woke stuff thrown in at points when they start laying blame. Overall a very interesting documentary.

I started watching it a few nights ago, my son was watching it with me so I had to turn it off when the boobies started coming out

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
      I started watching it a few nights ago, my son was watching it with me so I had to turn it off when the boobies started coming out
      They have them on all three episodes. Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers played the whole set nude. There's quite a bit of that footage shown too

Comment

Some of the parts are incredible to see, something that our country will never see again. But Netflix has a goal behind it most people won’t catch onto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
          Some of the parts are incredible to see, something that our country will never see again. But Netflix has a goal behind it most people won’t catch onto.

Are you talking about Flea's parts?

Comment

Michael Lang died like two months after his interview… He took ZERO responsibility for anything that happened.

Comment

That was nuts...

Comment

Watched all 3 episodes. I was way too young at the time but holy Jesus that place was nuts!

Comment

Absolutely craziness.

The chili peppers helped insight the riot.

Handing out candles was probably the dumbest idea ever.

Comment

It was crazy. Somehow I don’t remember it going down (and no, I wasn’t there). :-). I did not watch MTV, and guess I missed the news—looks like everyone covered it. Truly like Lord of the Flies. Proves the early 20’s male human is an idiot—well, at least those who go to hang out at Woodstock.

Comment

Great documentary.
                      Woodstock 99 was between my junior and senior year in high school so it was great to be reminded of some of that music and those times.
                      I don’t recall hearing about Woodstock, but that was before social media and non-stop news cycles.
                      The promoters were in their 50s or older….they had no idea what kind of event they were putting together with their music selections.

Comment

I had no idea the chaos it was. I listened to all that music and still do at times. What a **** show
                        Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post

Enlighten me on the goal of Netflix.

I've already put my armadillo shell hat on

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Watched it. Good trip down memory lane for clothes (baggy pants lol), music, and dumbassery of the time. The conditions there were terrible - no shade or water.

No way those promoters were that naive to think Korn, Limp Bizkit, and charging $5 for water etc was going to lead to hand holding and peace signs.

I wonder how the current late teen early 20s crowd would do in a modern Woodstock. Probably tamer than my gen X brethren.

Comment

It was all about the money. About 38 million in ticket sales, and a bunch more on the back side. In today's world they would be sued till broke...

Comment

Watched last night. Pure craziness

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X