Bow holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow holder

58 days til bow season! You got time to make one of these!

Made a bow carrier for my four wheeler and utv. Used an old plastic bow case and added brackets so i could hang case on back rack of atv or the side of my ranger.

I have about $8 tied up in the project (minus bow case)
    2'- 3/4" angle
    2' 1" flat bar. I think its 1/8"
    4- 5/16"x3/4" flat head screws, with washers And wing nuts (for ez removal if needed)
    2- #10 flat head screws with flat and lock washers and nuts
    4' para cord

Cut the angle to fit case. I have no idea how long. Marked it with a screw driver. Same goes for the flat bar. Put the flatbar in a vise and whacked on it with a dead blow hammer til it was bent into a 90* angle. Poked holes to mount angle. Eye balled where i wanted the brackets. Closed case, ran para cord thruholes where a lock goes on case. Tied knot in one end, opened case, stopped when case was open at about 90*. tied another knot. Pix help this description alot!

Took about 20 minutes to make (and looks like it) but now my bow is protected from dust, brush, rain and mud on my way to the stand. Case slides on and off like a tail gate feeder.

The battery operated touch light is a handy little unit!

Click image for larger version

Name:	0ACD50FD-235D-4483-BA73-54C10C142D81.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	25288302

Name:	DD45AEB9-8789-458C-9329-46EDD454778E.jpeg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	25288303

Name:	C1825A64-4225-4412-80E1-BEC5565D6C54.jpeg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	25288304

Name:	A02674E1-5B56-4378-867C-9DE07540F56E.jpeg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	25288305

Name:	3437305B-7B02-4EF9-AE2D-CDF2070F7870.jpeg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	25288306

Looks good. With all the dry weather I guess you don’t need to worry about mud and water all over that case.

Comment

Looks good, but thinking over time I'm thinking the stress on that cover is going to crack.

Have you considered re-enforcing with maybe some sheet metal on front and back?

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
        Looks good, but thinking over time I'm thinking the stress on that cover is going to crack.

I second this. I would at least run a piece of flat bar on the inside of the case and run the bolts through it. I do love the idea and ingenuity though.

I could never run that on my ranger. Our roads are so narrow I’d rip that off before I got halfway to the stand from camp, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post

I went back and looked at the original post. made this back in 2013. Still goin strong.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Looks good. With all the dry weather I guess you don’t need to worry about mud and water all over that case.
            Still gotta be concerned with dust and brush! It'll be muddy, come deer season!

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
              I second this. I would at least run a piece of flat bar on the inside of the case and run the bolts through it. I do love the idea and ingenuity though.

I could never run that on my ranger. Our roads are so narrow I’d rip that off before I got halfway to the stand from camp, lol.

Sounds like you need to do some trimming!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                Sounds like you need to do some trimming!

For sure, lol, but I’m not doing it. Them boys usually walk the roads once a season with loppers and clean up the roads. They’re all teenagers now and would rather chase trim than whitetail, but they’ve got a job to complete before they hunt again.

Comment

Awesome! I've been trying to think of something like this for my upcoming trip to Colorado...I think I've found it. Thanks!

Comment

Great job on that setup!!

Comment

Nice, that's a good idea.

Comment

Nice idea Dan

Comment

Thx yall. I've used this case for about 10 years with no signs of cracking. Works great!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                            Thx yall. I've used this case for about 10 years with no signs of cracking. Works great!
                            I have that same case for what is now my backup bow and it has been holding strong since I bought it back in '04 or '05.

Comment

Working...
                            X