My First STX Buck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
    I know what you're saying. I know it is a deal in the current market, but I booked it because it was a steal that I didn't want to pass up. I had Iowa and another trip out of Menard already on the books. The does didn't mean anything to me, we have plenty does at home and it was 97 degrees! The javelinas were HUGE bonus for me, because I really want a javi with a bow. That is another curve ball by the landowner in itself. I told the ranch manager that I really wanted to get on some, and they told me that they are hit or miss in the bow pasture, but they would take us to hunt the main ranch for them if necessary. Well, right before our hunt the manager reached out and told me that because the landowner would be in town we wouldn't be able to hunt the main ranch. Huge bummer, but I did not really hold this against them.

What I am trying to say is that their last minute change altered everything. If we had already booked and they just changed prior to arrival that may be different. I knew of a couple really nice deer on camera. A guy might not shoot a 140s deer if he knows its one and done and its day one of the hunt.
    I get it and totally understand where you are coming from. I was just saying, even though your trip didn't go as planned, you still got a heck of a great buck for a great price. It sucks they didn't honor the deal they sold you but you should be proud of the deer and not let their lack of ethics ruin your accomplishment/trophy. Congrats again!

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
      Easy there big guy. It doesn't appear reading comprehension is your strong suit.

Look what I wrote vs what he wrote. I said it sounded like there was a miscommunication between the ranch manager/owner. Not between Justin and anyone. I 100% believe Justin has everything in writing and that either the manager or the owner went back on their word. If Justin was only dealing with Manager and had it all in writing and the owner says otherwise, then Justin would be SOL. Makes the Manager look bad but the owner doesn't seem to care about that. Doesn't sound like manager/owner were on same page. If you read his write up, he said they LOCKED THE COOLER that his deer was in. That is why I said, I am GLAD they gave him his deer (nowhere did I say he was LUCKY to get his deer). No this is not how I do business. I hope you do a better job reading in your business then you do here.
      Hunter, I feel you're exactly right on the manager not being able to honor the deal due to the landowner. I have tried not to bad mouth the manager, because I know they have to side with the landowner. This is a big ranch, and the manager position here is a full time career not a hunting season side job. I honestly think that if the landowner would not have decided to come to town none of this would have happened. I just would have thought on a place of this scale the owner would give the manager full authority to make these decisions or at least stood behind the deal and dealt with the problem once the hunt was concluded.

Comment

2 beautiful bucks! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
          Hunter, I feel you're exactly right on the manager not being able to honor the deal due to the landowner. I have tried not to bad mouth the manager, because I know they have to side with the landowner. This is a big ranch, and the manager position here is a full time career not a hunting season side job. I honestly think that if the landowner would not have decided to come to town none of this would have happened. I just would have thought on a place of this scale the owner would give the manager full authority to make these decisions or at least stood behind the deal and dealt with the problem once the hunt was concluded.
          BINGO! Totally agree with everything you said here.

Comment

I know exactly what ranch you’re talking about and that outcome doesn’t surprise me in the least bit. Congrats on two beautiful deer and discovering how they conduct business sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
              I know exactly what ranch you’re talking about and that outcome doesn’t surprise me in the least bit. Congrats on two beautiful deer and discovering how they conduct business sooner rather than later.
              Spill it. That's why it's called rate the day lease
              Last edited by narco1; 11-22-2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                Easy there big guy. It doesn't appear reading comprehension is your strong suit.

Look what I wrote vs what he wrote. I said it sounded like there was a miscommunication between the ranch manager/owner. Not between Justin and anyone. I 100% believe Justin has everything in writing and that either the manager or the owner went back on their word. If Justin was only dealing with Manager and had it all in writing and the owner says otherwise, then Justin would be SOL. Makes the Manager look bad but the owner doesn't seem to care about that. Doesn't sound like manager/owner were on same page. If you read his write up, he said they LOCKED THE COOLER that his deer was in. That is why I said, I am GLAD they gave him his deer (nowhere did I say he was LUCKY to get his deer). No this is not how I do business. I hope you do a better job reading in your business then you do here.
                Tilden
                As long as you think what they did was wrong no matter what the going rate is for a 140 buck we are on the same page. Your post came across as you were making excuses for the ranch manager and owner of the halfazz operation. It looks like if you got money and attorneys you can make the rules up as you. That just don’t set well with me.
                Justin you killed a heck of a deer just a shame it left a bad taste in your mouth on how the deal went down.
                The ranch manager could have told Justin he screwed up and the landowner change his mind. It would still not be right but at least he could have explained what was going down instead of letting you go back hunting hoping you didn’t see anything and then ghost’n you when you did.

Comment

Some great deer! South Texas is a dream hunt for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                    Tilden
                    As long as you think what they did was wrong no matter what the going rate is for a 140 buck we are on the same page. Your post came across as you were making excuses for the ranch manager and owner of the halfazz operation. It looks like if you got money and attorneys you can make the rules up as you. That just don’t set well with me.
                    Justin you killed a heck of a deer just a shame it left a bad taste in your mouth on how the deal went down.
                    The ranch manager could have told Justin he screwed up and the landowner change his mind. It would still not be right but at least he could have explained what was going down instead of letting you go back hunting hoping you didn’t see anything and then ghost’n you when you did.

Nope. I wasn’t making excuses for manager or owner. Never met either one. I was simply saying, he came out way ahead money wise by paying $2,500 for a super solid almost 150” deer. Didn’t want other people’s actions to ruin his experience or accomplishment. Luckily Justin didn’t take my response anywhere near the way you did. We talked outside of this thread and it’s all good. I just said the manager and owner weren’t on same page and Justin got caught in crosshairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                      Some great deer! South Texas is a dream hunt for me!
                      Yessir it was my first taste for it. I am eager to return!

Comment

How is it libel if what you wrote was the truth from your perspective and with other written backings? I would love to hear the name of the operation so no one has to deal with what you did. This is the ‘Rate the Day Hunt’ forum.

Comment

crazy that this owner is trying to sale 3 25% interest in the ranch for $4 million a piece and cant figure out how to sale and handle a day hunt operation. I dont see any future problems with a undivided interest in a hunting ranch like this.

Comment

DING DING DING.....What could possibly go wrong with that scenario ^^^^^^^^

Comment

Why are people dancing around naming the ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by narco1 View Post
                                Why are people dancing around naming the ranch?
                                Because in his original post he said:

I had the mind to leave a full review on here, but a person at the ranch informed me differently. I was told that a man with the means of which this landowner has I might just regret it. "This is not a threat, but he has the money and attorneys to take this well beyond this for slander if you talk bad on the operation."

Comment

Working...
                                X