Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I send money to my daughter automatically each month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JHT View Post
    Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Originally posted by JHT View Post
    Get a secondary card off your account opened up in her name. Set a limit of $300.

She loses the card, thieves steal the banks money, not yours.
    When she graduates, she will have a nice credit score and she won't need you to co-sign for her.

Giving credit cards has many work arounds today.
    Good Luck!
    Also a good idea. Be careful with the limits though, they can be a pain in to get changed or lifted if she was to encounter a large expense that dad wanted to cover for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AMEX is what I gave my first that goes off tomorrow to TAMU.

The have the best customer service as far as fraud/theft. What I did for her now was set a limit on her card. I also can call in case of emergency on a phone, no need to login.

My main reason is to help build up credit rather than destroy it like I did.

It took years to pay Visa & Discover back from Spring Breaks of 90 & 91.
    AmEx is the route I would go with…and I have to agree, they’re the easiest to deal with when it comes to fraud, which we have dealt with a time or two. WF is the worst…glad I closed that account

Comment

Get her a Green Light card. You can auto load and add more anytime if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Zelle

it cost free-ninety-free

Comment

Thanks guys, she is out of state at this point so going with her to set up another account isn’t feasible and want it easy for her so don’t want 2 accounts or cards. A credit card is a cool idea to start establishing her some credit, though.
          I’ll dig more into the Zelle auto payments. I was looking through the WF App page so it may be limited from there.
          Direct deposit may be the winner though!

Comment

Many good ideas. I had my daughter open up a BOA student checking and savings account and attached them to my accounts. I could see her accounts but she could not see mine. I just set up an automatic transfer each week from mine to hers, so very convenient. I could also monitor what she was spending her money on. Worked well.

Comment

Just go to your bank and talk with them.

Comment

I have recurring payments set up through Zelle. It was easy to set up. Mine are for low $ things, so I don't know about the IRS reporting over $600

Comment

My wife does automatic payments through Zelle.

Comment

Set your payroll up to have it direct deposit it to her . Should be no different then setting payroll up to auto a auto or home loan . That’s how a lot of us where I work do.

Comment

The reporting to the IRS for over $600 is ONLY for people who receive $ specifically for selling goods and services

Comment

I had a roommate in college that had a dozen prewritten & predated checks that he deposited at the beginning of each month.

Comment

Unfortunately since I bank with Wells Fargo, I can’t do reoccurring payments with Zelle, it’s not an option online or the WF app. I even tried to use just the Zelle app, it won’t let me set up an account, it sends me me to the WF app….

If anyone that says to use Zelle and uses WF, please Pm me.

Comment

Put her name on your account get her a debit card from that account. Put money in that account for her to use .

Comment

tagged

Comment

I send my daughter money each month through venmo....no there is no way to set it up re occuring....I set a reminder on my phone calender for 6 months of the year at a time....once a month i get the reminder and send it...takes 2 min....

Comment

Working...
                                X