Game Winner Feeder Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Winner Feeder Issues

We have a feeder setup behind our shop here. I have bought two of the stand and fill Game Winner feeders from Academy. The first one, a 200 lb capacity worked for a couple weeks then quit throwing corn. When I would hit test, you could hear the motor kick on but the plate would not spin. I returned that one and bought the larger game winner stand and fill feeder. Filled it with corn, tested and it worked fine. It threw for a couple weeks and went to check level of corn and noticed it still had more than it should. Tested this one and the same thing, motor kicks on and hums but the plate doesn't spin. Am I missing something here? Any of you guys had a similar experience to this? Before ya'll tell me to buy a different feeder, this is just a feeder we have setup behind our shop to watch the deer, don't need anything fancy, just something to throw corn.

Ain't there a screw on the spinner plate that locks it on the shaft of the motor? If there is it needs to be tightened on the flat of the motor shaft

Comment

You need to see if the shaft is spinning or not. could be stuck shaft and lube should work. Could also be loose set screw in feeder plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        Ain't there a screw on the spinner plate that locks it on the shaft of the motor? If there is it needs to be tightened on the flat of the motor shaft
        This right here

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like the issue I had with an EZ Feeder I set up in my wife's area last year.

Worked for a while because it had definitely been throwing corn, but I went back a few weeks later when we were going to set up her blind and hit Test. You could hear the motor kick in but the spinner wouldn't move.

Empty the feeder into buckets, disassemble and test (after checking the set screw), spinner spun as it should.

I put it all back together and put about 10 lbs of corn in to check, wouldn't spin with a load. As it turns out, the motor had a short somewhere internally and didn't have enough behind it to work the spinner with any kind of a load on the plate.

It would be odd that you have that happen on two, but not impossible and definitely check the set screw first thing out.

Comment

I've had that a few times in that you could hear a click but motor never spun. It's normally a bad timer for us. I gotta believe those are the cheapest timers made in this models.

Comment

My motor stopped working on mine so hoping to change it out next trip to lease.

Comment

Either set screw holding the spinner onto the motor stripped out or if it is a pressed shaft it may have just spun out, you can buy spinner replacements for them at Bucees or we have them on our web site but that is what it sounds like and is a pretty easy fix

Comment

I’ve bought several GW feeders and mechanisms. I got what I paid for. All the mechanisms were replaced after the first year. Zero problems since.

Comment

I had the same thing happen. Academy sent me a replacement and it works fine so far. On the other one I replaced timer with The Timer brand it tested fine but 2 weeks later still had problems. The shaft was bent on the new motor we bent it back and so far one week it works. I don’t think the motor can really handle much of a load it wants to spin but doesn’t. The design seems ok because the hogs haven’t torn it up yet

Comment

I have sever of those. I have had 1 screw come loose. Other than that no issues in 5 years.

Comment

I went yesterday and pulled the mechanism box off and don't see anywhere there could be a screw to tighten. Because of the wide plate beneath the spinner I used a stick and tested the mechanism. When it counted down and started to make noise I pushed the spinner with the stick and it started to spin and throw corn. It's almost like the mechanism/spinner is getting stuck or jammed up? I spun it several more times and it worked but would almost stick but then start to spin again.

Comment

Wd40 0n the motor shaft if that don't wort get a new motor

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                            I went yesterday and pulled the mechanism box off and don't see anywhere there could be a screw to tighten. Because of the wide plate beneath the spinner I used a stick and tested the mechanism. When it counted down and started to make noise I pushed the spinner with the stick and it started to spin and throw corn. It's almost like the mechanism/spinner is getting stuck or jammed up? I spun it several more times and it worked but would almost stick but then start to spin again.
                            Still sounds like the plate itself is not tight to shafts. There should be a set screw on the plate. Or maybe a week battery

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Weird predicament to be having. Replaced a game winner motor with this one. Runs on AA batteries and rarely have to change them.

Comment

Working...
                              X