Earth Anchors...anyone ever use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
    You used the duckbill posted above or the screw type?
    Screw, in case the stand had to be moved. My BNL used to set up mobile homes when working for his uncle, who used to do it. My BNL's father sold them and had his own business selling them. They all worked together when my BNL was young. His father passed about 20 years ago from cancer.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

i guess you only use them once unless i missed out how to get them out of the ground

Comment

Doesn't that assume there is space for the anchor to rotate into place? I'm guessing it works like a dry wall anchor, but the dry wall has a space to rotate.

Comment

I used to use similar lighter duty ones for anchoring traps. They should work pretty well in dirt, can be hard to get anchored right in rocky ground. I can tell you that 15 inches deep they don’t pull out of any kind of hard or medium hard soil. The mud has to be almost soupy before they won’t hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used this on 2 different tower blinds.

Permanent, temporary and mil-spec ground anchors for soil, sand, asphalt and underwater applications. Penetrator screw-type anchors and cabled anchors in arrowhead and bullet style.

A cordless impact drove them in quickly.

Comment

Just like trap anchors. Good design but as said rocky soil will give them a hard time. The drive stake needs to be really strong.

Comment

What I used, but in sandy soil. 48"

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                  Tower stands we use one screw in anchor directly below the stand and ratchet strap from each corner to the anchor. pulls the blind down and in from the corner.

10 years and lots of different blinds put up and not a single one blown over. A few crappy ones blew off the platform but the base was still up
                  This.
                  On rocky hill I used a big tub of rocks covered in concrete. Lots of wire inside with a big eyebolt to turnbuckle to.

Comment

I used them to anchor down my deer stand.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                      Tower stands we use one screw in anchor directly below the stand and ratchet strap from each corner to the anchor. pulls the blind down and in from the corner.

10 years and lots of different blinds put up and not a single one blown over. A few crappy ones blew off the platform but the base was still up
                      Exactly what we do. Give it a crank if it loosens up over time. Replace strap every 2 or three years.

Comment

We tried them to temporarily guy leaning/rotten utility poles. Worked really well, not sure on longevity.

Comment

Working...
                        X