Help with social sercurity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    I've figured that out. Just gonna have to wait.

Getting 10 copies.

Yep. This is stupid!

I called the funeral home to see if they report the death to SS and they did. thats a start. I'll wait on the DC to take care of stuff. I called the ompany that Alecia has life insurance with. They told me to call our HR dept at work, they gave me another number to call, talked to them and was told to call another number after Friday. I'm about ready to hurt somebody!
    I have sold life insurance for many years. when you reach the insurance company ask for a claim form to be sent to you - you will need the DC of course to be sent back with the form. Once they receive that info they should pay the claim out pretty fast. Also FYI the proceeds are not taxable.

Which insurance company?

Comment

I’m sorry sir

Comment

When you talk to ANYONE from social security, be it in person or on the phone, notate EVERYTHING that they tell you.

I had to deal with them a LOT this time last year. A normal phone call would average 1 1/2 hours, with an hour and 15 minutes of being on hold. This happened 3 times a week for 2 months straight before I finally got ahold of someone who knew what they were talking about. I’m sorry you have to deal with this, just be prepared to be told 10 different stories about what forms you need by 10 different people.

Comment

Saddened you are having to deal with this. Prayers up for you sir.

last time I was in the SS office in Georgetown, the officer at the door said I could not take the pen that was in my shirt pocket in with me. Might be a weapon... Sad how times have emerged...

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
            I hate to even bring this up, but, don’t be surprised if you have to reimburse them the last month’s benefits. This happened to my buddy, his wife got her check on the second Wednesday and she passed that following Monday and he had to write them a check for that whole month of benefits.
            It ain’t right but it IS the gubment.
            Keeping you in my prayers Brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            When my Mom passed away on the 31st of January they deducted her January payment from her account, also her Veteran’s Widow pension. If she had passed on the 1st of February they would have not reclaimed her payments.

Comment

When sending out DC's determine which entities have to have originals and which will take a copy. This will save the number of originals you have to get.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Just got off the phone with Teachers Retirement and it went smooth. They are sending me the paperwork needed. Still have list of things to take care of, but I'm knocking them off slowly.

Comment

Working...
                X