No announcement yet.

Keto 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've lost 24 lbs since the first of the year and have been maintaining it for the past month. I pretty much don't eat anything "white" which happens to be carbs.

Comment

Figured I would come check in. As of July 1 I am at 203. Sorta got off the bandwagon over the July 4th weekend, but feeling really good about my goal of under 200 by mid July. Next goal is 180 by October

Comment

I have been doing it for 16 months, and really had no choice. lost over 70lbs and feel way better and have a lot more energy.<><

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Sounds like a lot of folks are doing great on keto. I have slacked a bit on the eating and have paid a bit for it but I am still feeling and doing good. With all the graduation type parties it has been a challenge to eat right.
          We went through a couple graduation parties then birthday party season in our family where we have a bunch of them lined up over a couple months, and our annual crab boil. I pretty much started drinking beer at the first party a couple months ago and finished last night for the 4th. I should be back on the wagon again starting today and should be good til late October. Gotta drop some weight for Elk season.

Comment

Been doing it for about 3 and 1/2 weeks now! Started at 205 last i weighted in which was week and half ago i was at 197 Goal is to hit 180! I haven’t been doing any work outs as i am out of town working 13-14 hours a day! My next days off ill hit the weight room and hopefully be where i wanna be by September! Ive been pretty strict with my carb intake to below 20 a day, but when i start working out my hungry is gonna take off! Do yall guys recommend to bump the carbs up a bit on work out days?

Comment

Just got put on a low carb diet for health reasons. Gonna give it a try for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
                Been doing it for about 3 and 1/2 weeks now! Started at 205 last i weighted in which was week and half ago i was at 197 Goal is to hit 180! I haven’t been doing any work outs as i am out of town working 13-14 hours a day! My next days off ill hit the weight room and hopefully be where i wanna be by September! Ive been pretty strict with my carb intake to below 20 a day, but when i start working out my hungry is gonna take off! Do yall guys recommend to bump the carbs up a bit on work out days?
                Fat is fuel. Once your body gets adapted to burn fat instead of carbs (takes about a month), you're fine. Don't restrict calories. Just eat good natural foods. Maybe bump up your protein when you start working out, but keep plenty of good fats in your meals.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
                  I don’t think you will need carbs once your body gets used to burning fat. As I have progressed I have pretty much also cut out most processed food. No carb counter tortillas, no keto breads nothing. My diet pretty much consists of chicken, beef, pork, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, radishes, pickles, jalapeños and cheese

Comment

Figured I would come back to this. I had a few weeks off keto over the last month, but yesterday I was at 200.0 I sure wish it would have been 199.9 lol but I will get there. I have 20 more pounds to go till I hit my goal. I know all my clothes are falling off I had to poke new holes in my belt.

Comment

That's awesome, Javelin! I bet you're feeling a lot better too.

Comment

I’m fixing to start back up after a few years . I already quit energy drinks . Man that was hard . Went from 4 or 5 a day to one a few months ago . Monster free for a week now .

Comment

Had a scare this morning. Had to go take a DOT physical and they were checking my pee test and girl calls doc over to look at it. he got all serious and asked if I was lifting lots of heavy weights or doing something else. I was like no then he said you on a diet I said yes Keto. Then he was like oh ok all is good. My ketones were way high. But I guess thats good if I am on keto lol.

Comment

Thanks for bumping this thread up, Javelin. I really need to get going on Keto again.

Comment

I’m back on for month of august to break through my plateau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hired a nutrition coach 10 weeks ago. Started out with a low carb and just switched to keto a couple weeks ago. Was having good success with low carb but with what I was eating it was a easy switch to low keto. She gave me the option. Been losing 2 lbs a week average. Also have been working out while doing this. Keeping muscle tone, seams to just be burning fat. My meal planning 1st focus is on protein, then fiber. Also keeping carbs and fat with in the range. don't even look at calories. Feel great and am eating a lot more than I have in the past. Early on it was hard to eat all that I was supposed to.

Comment

Working...
                                X